Is this business weird or what? - Posted by Luke-MN

Posted by Marty (MO) on April 20, 2006 at 21:48:54:

they’ll call the movie “Brokeaxle Park”!!!

Is this business weird or what? - Posted by Luke-MN

Posted by Luke-MN on April 20, 2006 at 11:19:21:

Here’s a truth is stranger than fiction story.

Just sold a home to a woman. She calls me stating that the cops just went to the home looking for the previous owner and there were a ton of police around. This freaked her out a bit. I went to call on the PM to see what was up (I had bought the home from the park). There is a yellow fire tape around the park office. Some one had tried to burn the office down. Destoyed most of their records. The assistant manager is there. The park managers went AWOL last week with no notice. I had just left a gift card for them for purchasing the home and dropped it in the rent collection box. Guess where they started the fire? The assistant manager found part of the melted card. (There goes $75). In addition she says, the park had tons of police in it yesterday because an escaped sex offender was rumored to be in the park. That partly explains why my buyer was seeing so many police around. Here’s a kicker. She did give me a lead on anther home in the park. Is this business weird or what?

Re: Is this business weird or what? - Posted by Barry (GA)

Posted by Barry (GA) on April 20, 2006 at 15:30:07:

I would think that if you have your receipt for the gift card you could get it replaced. Especially if you have the charred remains of the old one?

Barry

Check this one out! - Posted by Dan (Michigan)

Posted by Dan (Michigan) on April 20, 2006 at 14:29:45:

Some of you may remember the Jenny Jones Show episode that involved 2 men, with one of them revealing that he had strong feelings for the other. Well, a couple days after the taping of the show the one man went to visit the other man, in a mobile home park that I do a lot of Lonnie Deals in, to let him know the feeling wasn’t mutual. The shooter was found guilty of murder, and I think Jenny Jones may have lost a civil suit over the case.

Re: Is this business weird or what? - Posted by Myron

Posted by Myron on April 20, 2006 at 13:56:12:

What is Jerry Springer paying for show leads? : )

Re: Is this business weird or what? - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on April 20, 2006 at 13:51:19:

And I thought a bunch of old mattresses lying around in the rain made for a bad park…what was I thinking!

Well, looks like you may have an opportunity staring at you. The current owner may be VERY motivated to sell right now! Let me know if you need partners!

Re: Is this business weird or what? - Posted by Todd (AZ)

Posted by Todd (AZ) on April 20, 2006 at 11:59:38:

Makes the shooting in one of my Lonnie parks last week seem almost mild by comparison, lol. Todd (AZ)

Re: Is this business weird or what? - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on April 20, 2006 at 22:31:50:

Always the realist Barry. Gotta luv ya.

Tony

Re: Check this one out! - Posted by Ray (MO)

Posted by Ray (MO) on April 20, 2006 at 21:27:32:

Did you get his trailer?

Re: Is this business weird or what? - Posted by Dave Fl.

Posted by Dave Fl. on April 20, 2006 at 12:40:12:

And the murder in my park 6 weeks ago, Ho Hum, life goes on!, or not.
Dave Fl.