Is this for real? - Posted by Roland Banks

Posted by Jack-NY on April 06, 2000 at 04:42:36:

That was well said real nice post, we need to make huge flyers of this post and frame it, great job, this is real.
Jack…

Is this for real? - Posted by Roland Banks

Posted by Roland Banks on April 05, 2000 at 18:18:51:

I am new to this site. Are you people really benefiting from the information found here?

WOW! Is it ever !! - Posted by Andrea

Posted by Andrea on April 06, 2000 at 09:25:20:

Hi there,

This has to be one of the most ‘FOR REAL’ sites I have ever come across on the web (Joe’s and Bill’s have been great resources for me too :slight_smile:

I think that anyone who ‘stick’s around’ as the post below so eloquently puts it couldn’t help but benefit from this wonderful combination of learned folks and we who are still struggling.

You won’t find a more generous group.

Andrea

Re: Is this for real? - Posted by STICK AROUND!!!

Posted by STICK AROUND!!! on April 05, 2000 at 23:40:07:

Roland,
If you are trully interested in real estate investing and the many ways you can make money or improve on your current skills “STICK AROUND”.

You need to log onto this site every day and read the postings on the news group. You will get a sense of whats going on. If you need complete details on how to put deals together there are numerous free how to articles or even books or courses that have catapulted many into a prosperous future.

This is an amazing site. If you do like real estate and are serious about it you will get hooked on this site. Most of the people on this site live and breath real estate. To many it is a full time endevour to others it is a goal to get there. And to some it is a curiosity that drives them crazy waiting to do the first deal, absorbing all the information they can but never really commiting to putting a deal together.

It has all the entertainment of TV. You get the Thrill of Victory as a newbie completes their first deal. You get the agony of defeat as someone messes up a deal or looses money.
You will see drama’s unfold before youe eyes as peoples lives change by becoming well informed on how to make money in real estate and prepare themselfs for a better life.
You will see court room antic’s from the experts as they challenge each other in a well worded skillfull forum that would make any attorney jealous.
You will see an occasional cyber fight that may erupt from a disagreement or from arogance and bullheadedness that most entrepreneur’s posses.
You will get an ocasional “Go Get em Speach” that will make you feel good or light a fire under you to make things happen.

The experts and people that give this information do this for many reasons. It is an unselfish way to give back what they have learned from others and from their own experiances. They also do this for fellowship from others in the business and for the posibility of learning more from others. It is like having a daily brain storming session with some very skilled professionals. One of the keys to success is to surround yourself with experts. Well here it is “You Are Surrounded”.

If You log on every day you will see many experts share their knowledge. Some of the many regulars that appear on here are,

JP and Terry Vaughn, They are the wizards behind the green curtain. We all thank them for putting this site together. Not only do they shair their wealth of experiance and knowledge but they are also able to delete a post as needed with the blink of an eye.

Jim Piper,What do you say about this guy? he has helped us all. It is said that most only use a portion of their brain. Well I think jim has learned how to use most of his.

Joe Kaiser, The Jean Cluade Van Dam of the real estate world. Kicking Butt all the way to the bank.

Ed Garcia, This guy has more money sources than carter has pills. If he can’t get you a loan he will find money under a buried rock to help you out.

Lonnie, The Colonel Sanders of the mobile home world. His moddo is “We do wobbly boxes right”

William Bronchick, An unselfish attorney that gives away information without sending you a bill.

Ray Alcorn, the Shakespear of postings. A man with a wealth of knowledge that can make any posting entertaining with his well written precise information.

I could go on and on with honorable mention to many other people like, Bill gatten, Steve Cook, Bill K, Jim Ill, Phil Fernandez, Bud Bransetter, Michael Morrongillo, Ed Copp, Rob fl, David Alexander, Brian Renfrow, Steph in texas, Bassman and the list goes on and on( sorry if I didn’t mention everbodys name but the thought was there).

Any way I hope you get the point and decide to join us and change your life and maybe meet some new friends on the way.

Mark

No - its all a big scam - it doesn’t really work !!! - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on April 05, 2000 at 22:38:23:

No, we just come here to feel even worse about the fact that we are stuck in a big huge rut, going to a JOB that we hate, where we are underpaid and overworked and we know that if we only had the guts we could eventually break out of the chains that are holding us back and really get this real estate thing going and make a few deals to start off with and then after we have made a few mistakes and lost a little money and listened to all our no good brother-in-laws tell us that we’re stupid we got scammed and we should go back to our job and be happy and …on and on and on …You know the drill.

Yeah, I guess we do learn a lot here. Its another world out there for those who are brave enough and strong enough to fight all those people and situations that are holding you back from being the best that you can be.

Come on in - the waters just fine.

ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY REAL! - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on April 05, 2000 at 21:51:46:

I can attribute much of the success that I have experienced to date to this site. Anytime I ever needed help or a question answered I found my answers here. I was nudged along through the times of fear, helped in the rough times, and encouraged to do more once things got going.

But most of all I have made Great Friends through this site. I have friends throughout the country who I would never have met if it weren’t for CREonline.

Hope this answers your question.

Steve

Re: Is this for real? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on April 05, 2000 at 21:36:37:

If we werent we wouldnt both post and read. Stick around, learn some stuff and make money.

David Alexander

CREonline-The movie! - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on April 06, 2000 at 10:44:37:

I was thinking about this the other day. I have been involved in this newgroup since August of '98. I have met many of the investors who post here at last year’s convention. I have become friends with some of them and stay in contact with them on an ongoing basis.

I have also been involved in working a few deals with some of the people I have met here. Some have gone well, others, not so well. As I was thinking about a particular deal that turned sour with an investor that I met through this site, I was wondering about how many other people here have gone on to work deals with, or even just become friends with somone they have met here.

There really is something very unique about this site. We all speak a language that is not understood by the vast majority of the other people around us. How many times have we been told that we’re crazy or stupid or doing something illegal when we tell people about our real estate ventures? (I know I got that more times than I can count!)

This is the only place where someone can talk about such wild ideas such as flips, lease options, wraps, etc. without being ridiculed or misunderstood. Of course, we’re all human, so the possibilty for being misunderstood still exists even here.

I am waiting for JP and Terry to announce that they are making a movie based on this site. (I am voting that Arnold Schwarzenegger play me. No wait, he’s too old now. I even had to grow a beard to lose my baby face. Just this past weekend, a seller made me give her my ID and a business card, because she thought I was too young to be doing this!) This site has definetly changed my life in a way that’s so profound that I think a movie should be made about all the stuff that goes on here. What do you think?

I remember when I first found this site, Phil Fernandez was either answering a question of mine or someone else’s and said that real estate investing was a lifestyle, not just a hobby or activity. I didn’t quite catch the meaning of that back then. NOW I get it, Phil!

Well Put, Mark! - Posted by TRandle

Posted by TRandle on April 05, 2000 at 23:52:24:

I think the only aspect you forgot to mention was the undeniable heroin-like addiction to spending time with your new family, even if from afar…