Is this How Much a Corporation Should Cost? - Posted by JC

Posted by William Bronchick on February 15, 2001 at 10:46:43:

TX has recently changed its franchise tax so that LLCs are taxed the same as corporations. I used to recommend Lim Partnerships over LLCs in TX, but now it appears LLCs are more economical.

Is this How Much a Corporation Should Cost? - Posted by JC

Posted by JC on February 13, 2001 at 19:05:45:

Just got off the phone with Texas office responsible for setting up Corporations. They told me it would cost $300.00 to do the paperwork so that I could legally use my corporate name. Is this too expensive or about the same as it cost in other states? Thanks for your response.

JC

Re: Is this How Much a Corporation Should Cost? - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on February 13, 2001 at 23:33:01:

Yes it does cost a $300 fee for filing for a corporation in Texas. If you use an attorney or service it will be more.

Go to Yahoo and type in Texas secretary of State it will take to to the forms area if you are comfortable doing it yourself. If not get help. Bronchicks course is great by the way and there are a lot of formalities you have to go through that he covers.

texas also has a franchise tax so look into it closely.
A LLC is $200 to file with Texas.

Re: Is this How Much a Corporation Should Cost? - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on February 13, 2001 at 21:16:11:

JC,

I formed my corp. in PA. for $100 and I used Bill’s course too. Otherwise in PA, if you use an accountant or an attorney to form your corp. for ya, they’ll charge ya around $850!

good luck,

CAREY

Re: Is this How Much a Corporation Should Cost? - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on February 13, 2001 at 19:41:05:

JC,

Get Bill Bronchick’s course and do it yourself for about 100 bucks, at least in Georgia.

A fellow investor I know here used a service and spent close to 400.00 to start his corp. I used Bill’s course and formed both of mine for less than 250.00 total. With the SOS website here explaining all the steps needed, it was quite easy.

Best thing of all, now I know how to do it. As I need to form more entities,(corps, LLCs, LLPs) I can do it myself for just the filing fees. My friend will still have to use a service. :frowning:

Good Luck!

WilliamGA