Is this legal? - Posted by patrick

Posted by William Buzzell on March 13, 2002 at 15:00:16:

The lender may assume that you are going to live in the property, or they may have a loan program that will have a hard money second for twenty percent of the purchase price in back of a first deed of trust for eighty percent of the purchase price.
How are the interest rates compared to the rest of the market. Does the property cash flow or do you have a big negative? Answer these questions before you take the next step. Also, if the lender assumes that you are going to live in the property, or if the lender is encouraging you to say that you are going to live in the property, and you do not intend to do so, walk away from the deal. It is not worth the trouble.

Is this legal? - Posted by patrick

Posted by patrick on March 13, 2002 at 13:13:51:

I met with a lender yesterday who is willing to do this for me: Loan me the cash to buy my first rental property with zero down. Is this legal? I thought investment properties needed like 20% down. Or is does that just depend on the lender? He may be doing this because my credit is superb. This might be a stupid question, but thanks anyhow.