ISO San Diego Properties around 92103 - Posted by Susan

Posted by don, sdca on March 02, 2001 at 17:15:59:

Susan,

Your talking about one of the hottest submarkets in San Diego and you’re right there aren’t many FSBOs in this area.

Not knowing where you are its kind of hard to offer suggestions, but I’d look at sandiegoinsider.com for the classifieds in the Union-Tribune and “pound the phone” and find a good, agressive realtor in the area and let them know what you want. Most well priced houses in the area sell in a matter of days, so be prepared with “your ducks in a row”.

Another obvious idea is to call on properties for rent and see if you can do a PactTrust/LO, etc. by paying higher rent (still less than typical mortgage payment), or trading, etc for an option or equity participation.

Hope this helps - good luck!

don, sdca

ISO San Diego Properties around 92103 - Posted by Susan

Posted by Susan on March 02, 2001 at 08:30:29:

Hi - I’ve visited here on and off when I was selling my home, and I hope I can get some information about buying now. I’m looking for a 2 bedroom condo/house, something with a small yard/outdoor area in the 92103 zip code (mission hills, hillcrest, balboa park). Naturally, don’t want to put down a lot of cash, have odd things in trade like a view lot in lake havasu, arizona, and 20 acres in montana. I don’t see a lot of FSBO listed in SD. I’d like to move by June. Any ideas about how to contact prospective sellers would be welcomed. Thanks. Susan.