It pays to let people know what you do - Posted by Ryan B (KS)

Posted by Jae on July 25, 2007 at 12:55:36:

I’ve been talking to people and letting them know what I do. It does seem like professionals such as doctors make good money, but do not have the time to invest. That’s great, because it allows them to become great doctors. Good luck with your endeavors!
Jae

It pays to let people know what you do - Posted by Ryan B (KS)

Posted by Ryan B (KS) on July 24, 2007 at 07:06:13:

I just got Tony and Scott’s book and I had it in my bag when I went to the doctor this morning. I was reading it while waiting for the doc, and when he came in, he noticed the book and asked me about these mobile home deals. I explained to him what we do w/ the MH investing and, as a RE investor himself, he was real interested and asking all kinds of questions and telling me about all the problems he has with his rentals.

I told him that I’m always looking for investor partners and that I can pay around 15% on invested funds. He seemed really interested and he’s supposed to call me to have lunch. Who knows if he’ll call, but it really hit it home to me how important it is to let people know what you do.

Re: It pays to let people know what you do - Posted by Bill H

Posted by Bill H on July 26, 2007 at 11:30:30:

Dear Ryan,
Yes it does not to just potential Investors but to potential renters and or buyers as well.
I think you may have a burned out landlord on your hands ask if wants to sell you his “problem” properties
and simply become an investor in some of your deals.
He’s bound to be a very, very busy man and he might jump at the chance at 15% passive income and let you be the “rich” landlord or whatever.
It can not hurt to ask the worse thing he can say is no or he might decide he can do both rentals and invest with you.
Good Luck! Bill H(TX)

Re: It pays to let people know what you do - Posted by JeffB (MI)

Posted by JeffB (MI) on July 24, 2007 at 19:00:14:

I agree with everything you said. A couple things from your post stick out at me, though.

You said he was…

“…telling me about all the problems he has with his rentals”

AND

The fact he is excited about a 15% ROI. He may be a burned out landlord or motivated seller! See if he wants to sell you his rentals, some or all, and be free from that headache. From the very limited information you posted, it sounds like he is looking for a more passive investment. Perhaps you can help solve his problem, and get paid to do it.

Remember, trailers are not the only way to make money.

Jeff