It's a Small World - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by Paul_MA on December 17, 2000 at 05:13:50:

Phil,

Thats true! Everyone DOES wonder!

I used to drive 6.5 hours from Boston to northern NY on weekends fixing up my $100 tax auction houses, in my 15 year old 3 speed chevy van.

One day, en route back to Boston, by the grace of God, the engine threw a rod on Rte 89, right at exit 7, right where Bill lives! I called him, and he fixed me up for the night. The next day, one of his sons drove me back to Boston, filling his car with everything I had in the van.

At breakfast that mourning, Bill was wearing his blue mechanics uniform for work with his name on it. At my last job working for a powdered metal company, I wore the exact same uniform.

It was weird, kinda like seeing myself in the future. It reinforced my willpower to stay outside the box.

I just want to provide my own security checks at that age.

Whenever I try to explain what I do in RE to the fam, and try to get them involved, they sorta shrug me as if this ‘fad’ of mine will come to an end someday. What a bummer. It is difficult to stay strong without support, while understanding that this route is understood by few.

Thanks for the post Phil

It’s a Small World - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on December 15, 2000 at 18:31:13:

Just came back from one of my local watering holes. Ran into an older guy that I’ve known for years. The guy tells me he just retired being 62 and he was proud to annouce that he had just received his first social security check. This is a guy that had worked hard all of his life.

I mentioned to him that I had met his nephew at the CREOnline convention in Atlanta last year. He says that his nephew confirmed that. Then he goes on saying that the family can’t figure out how the nephew gets all his money and he’s, well, a little different than the rest of us.

With that I had to laugh. Yup, the nephew is a little different. He knows how to generate money from being creative and thinking outside the box. Paul if you are out there, you know who I’m talking about. LOL.

Ya gotta love this business. Everybody thinks your crazy and they are still trying to figure out, " where does he get his money."