I've read Lonnie's books ... what would be best next ? - Posted by Andrea

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 06, 2000 at 14:56:56:

nt

I’ve read Lonnie’s books … what would be best next ? - Posted by Andrea

Posted by Andrea on April 06, 2000 at 12:11:10:

Hi there,

I’ve recently devoured DOW and the second book. I know, I know, next thing is to get out there and stir things up a little…

I’m thinking that Lonnie’s inch by inch approach (one baby step at a time; first one MH, then two+, then when cash flow allows… MH lots to rent, and possibly a park along the way, etc…) makes total sense and looks to be very within my reach. So, with that in mind, anyone have any suggestions re. what materials to order next? I figure I might as well get the old snail mail process going while I’m out getting my feet wet ‘in the field’.

Can anyone (Lonnie?) give me a feel for how the DOW home study course differs from the two books?

A fine day to all,
Andrea

Re: I’ve read Lonnie’s books … what would be best next ? - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on April 06, 2000 at 19:42:20:

Dirk is absolutely correct. The course is very good and well worth the money and more. I have had the course for some time. I have listened to it many, many times and have learned something each time that has made me far more money than the price of the course. In fact, I just finished listening to the last tape in the course on my way home tonight. True to form, I picked up two more ideas on how to better my business.

I am a firm believer that commuter time can best be utilized as education time. While sitting in traffic I had to wonder how many other people were educating themselves and finding ways to make money, how many were listening to the traffic report (as if they did not already know), and how many were just zoned out listening to tunes?

Lonnie’s course is a favorite money maker for me. I highly recommend it.

Best Wishes,

Tony-VA

I would suggest Lonnie’s Home Study too anyone who is going to get out there and do someing in the Mobile Home World - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on April 06, 2000 at 15:17:34:

Hi Andrea,
His home study course is excellent. While driving the speed bumps there is little is better than listening to his tapes in the car.
Lonnie is a man who simply knows a ton about Notes, and the vehicle he (and others) use to create them…Older, ugly mobile homes.
I have no problem in stating that in the year and a half since I first “devoured” Lonnie’s materials, I have made a lot of money using his techquies.
Having the freedom to be able to do what you want to is a nice place to be at.
But you have to get out there and hustle.
Anyhow, my advice, take advantage of every opportunity you have to learn from Lonnie Scruggs.
Hope that helps,
Dirk

Good Luck! A few tips from an “old-timer”! - Posted by Lisa in Oz

Posted by Lisa in Oz on April 06, 2000 at 12:43:45:

Actually, I’ve just finished my first deal–whew!

A few tips:

-Get in good with a park manager or two (very important)

-Stay away from buyers who live more than 30 to 60 minutes away (you’ll have plenty of buyers and I found this just added to my stress level)

-Make sure they know exactly how much money to bring to the closing table–down payment, taxes, transfer fees, etc. and make them bring cash or certified check–how do I know this?

-Don’t allow buyers’ family/friends to get involved in the deal–only speak to the person who’s going to sign the paper and make the payments

These are just a few off the top of my noodle. Good luck.

Lisa Charles

Thanks Tony…spoke to THE MAN himself this afternoon :slight_smile: (nt) - Posted by Andrea

Posted by Andrea on April 06, 2000 at 19:46:39:

nt

Thanks Dirk… will do ! (nt) - Posted by Andrea

Posted by Andrea on April 06, 2000 at 15:33:30:

nt

Re: Good Luck! A few tips from an “old-timer”! - Posted by Andrea

Posted by Andrea on April 06, 2000 at 14:52:09:

Thanks Lisa!

Every little glitch that I can atleast know to look out for helps.

Congrats on your first deal! That said, what’s next? ;p

Andrea