John Alexander......Any Opinions On His Stuff??? - Posted by Jerod

Posted by Jerod on April 21, 2006 at 21:49:51:

Yeah I just got done rerading that post. Thanks though.

Jerod

John Alexander…Any Opinions On His Stuff??? - Posted by Jerod

Posted by Jerod on April 21, 2006 at 20:22:58:

Was on vacation a few weeks ago and flipping through the channels in the motel. John Alexander’s infomercial came on and caught my eye.

I’ve taken Ron Legrand’s Cashflow system course and it all sounds great in theory. Before I go forward with Legrand’s system, which it sounds like everybody and their brother are using, I want some opinions on John’s course.

It caught my eye because it was different from the mainstream way of R.E. investing. He claims his “Inverse Purchase System” is the best thing since sliced bread. In case it helps to jog your memories, I think he is affiliated in some way with a company called Graystone mortgage also.

Is his course worth checking out before I go ahead with Legrand’s system? If not, are there any other guru’s courses that you would reccommend that are better than Legrand’s?

Thanks you for your help.

Jerod

Re: John Alexander…Any Opinions On His Stuff? - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on April 23, 2006 at 08:30:27:

Look on the Guru Group II on this site. There are plenty of opionions there.

Re: John Alexander…Any Opinions On His Stuff??? - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on April 22, 2006 at 14:23:25:

Essentially, you contract to buy a property at a discount, then flip the property at full retail to an owner occupant buyer. Use a simultaneous closing so your buyer’s purchase money funds the entire transaction. Your profit is the difference between your purchase price and your sale price.

The John Alexander twist is that credit challenged buyers have already found the property, but can’t purchase because they can not get a loan. You step in, negotiate a discount with the seller, then you “sell” to these buyers.

The buyers get funded because you direct them to the lending sources “recommended” by the John Alexander organization. This may be the Graystone Mortgage connection.

I do not have any John Alexander materials. This explanation is my understanding of the Inverse Purchase program gleaned from internet searches.

Any Opinions On His Stuff??? - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on April 22, 2006 at 13:44:37:

Jerod,

Don’t look for excuses to not move forward. Go out and use the knowledge you’ve already got to do some deals. Then consider spending more time and money on education for new ideas.

–Natalie

John Alexander…Any Opinions On His Stuff??? - Posted by Mike-OH

Posted by Mike-OH on April 22, 2006 at 06:06:20:

Jerod,

Yes, Alexander and Legrand both sound great in theory. Their pitch (which is meant to separate newbies from their money) is that you can do very little work and get fantastically rich. ‘14 Days to Real Estate Riches’; ‘Put Your Business on Autopilot’; ‘The Less I Do, The More I Make’ - All Ridiculous Claims!!! Why don’t the gurus pitch their course with the truth - because very few people would buy their courses if they knew the truth. The TRUTH is that REI is just like any other business. It takes a LOT of hard work to succeed. The vast majority of those who buy courses never even do a single deal. The vast majority of those who do their first deal will be out of business in a very short time. It does take money/and or credit to run any business - including REI. Deals where you don’t need any money or credit are VERY RARE. The less you do - the less you make. Businesses on autopilot crash and burn. You aren’t going to get rich in 14 days!

I’m not against education. I have read some of Ron Legrand’s stuff. Except for the ‘autopilot’ non-sense and ‘the less I do, the more I make’ foolishness, most of the info is good stuff. I started with the Carleton Sheets program and found it to have all the basic info required to be successful in this business. Once you have the basic information, the very best thing that you could do would be to join your local REIA and start hanging around with some successful investors. Learn the realities of this business and go into it with your eyes wide open.

Mike

Re: John Alexander…Any Opinions On His Stuff??? - Posted by Ronald-OH.

Posted by Ronald-OH. on April 21, 2006 at 21:44:34:

You should do more research. Do a search on Google,yahoo, and even this site.

If you are looking into some guru, or get rich quick scam, or work from home,etc,etc, then you should get familiar with researching.

Check this post out.: Its on this board on the Carlton Sheets tab.:

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard2/messages/44105.html

Do more research.

Hope this helps

Re: John Alexander…Any Opinions On His Stuff??? - Posted by Jerod

Posted by Jerod on April 22, 2006 at 14:49:42:

Thank you for that explanation.

Jerod

Re: John Alexander - Posted by Dons

Posted by Dons on April 22, 2006 at 10:05:57:

Mike’s right. It takes effort. It also takes action…action based on knowledge. So it becomes ready, aim, fire instead of ready, fire, aim.

But I’ve heard LeGrand explain his “The Less I Do, The More I Make” by saying it means he never picks up a hammer or a paintbrush. He hires it all done. He delegates everything which gives more time to look for and do the deals.

Don