John Alexander's Beacon Program - Posted by jackson24

Posted by Vic on April 24, 2000 at 24:05:26:

Jim,
Are you saying that they will not allow you to place note business with any other company for 10 years???
If so, that is totally ridiculous & unacceptable. There are plenty of note buyers out there that don’t require any cash up front or committment on your part. Seems to me that a company that would charge you up front for information that is readily available for free on this site & elsewhere, then want you to commit to them for 10 years on top of that is just plain insane. If I was you, I wouldn’t even consider this type of an arrangement. Check out the cash flow forum on this site & you’ll see the great info that can be had for free. Good luck!

Vic

John Alexander’s Beacon Program - Posted by jackson24

Posted by jackson24 on April 18, 2000 at 22:48:01:

Does anyone have any feedback on the Beacon Program? Is it all its says? Thinking about purchasing feedback please?

There is NO ten year non-compete ! - Posted by Douglas

Posted by Douglas on May 04, 2000 at 20:01:38:

Someone called this program " insane " in another post. That indicates a lack of simple-serious research. Their niche is the Beacon program that has Funded over 60 MILLION dollars in the short time it has been available to many investors, brokers and builders. And, there is NO ten year non-compete.

Re: John Alexander’s Beacon Program - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on April 22, 2000 at 14:11:36:

I am a newbie at this and purchased their materials about two months ago along with several other programs to educate myself in this field. John solicited me from an inquiry that I had posted on Scott Britton’s board.
The tapes for this program are derived from an instructional class on the telephone. Informational but hard to hear sometimes. Not professionally done and you frequently can’t hear the questions. Still I thought the tapes were well worth listening to.
Video tapes suffer from some of the same problems only since the students are not miked many questions are not audible at all. Good rehash of all the material on the audio tapes.
Written material is good also.
The only real problem that I have to using the program is the 10 year non compete agreement. Would seem like being an indentured servant.
If you can get past that I think they have a good program, of course I am a newbie and not aware of all the available sources of first mortgage capital for SFR’s. Am presently prepping four SFR’s for resale in retail market any suggestions for owner financing programs are appreciated.

Thanks
Jim
Tampa

Re: John Alexander’s Beacon Program - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on April 27, 2000 at 02:34:27:

Jim,

Are you sure about the 10 year Non circumvention agreement?

I have been with the beacon program some time now and never had to sign one.

Tom