John Beck - Posted by S.T.

Posted by K MCDONALD on March 23, 2002 at 15:46:14:

so far no luck i have obtained a list as well mostly land and mineral rights have no idea if these would be worth purchasing however as the land is in colorado springs colorado

John Beck - Posted by S.T.

Posted by S.T. on March 23, 2002 at 09:52:06:

K. McDonald, In response to your question, I already have obtained a list from last year’s sales, and I have located the lots, they are worth nothing, so I can’t go that route. Can you really buy over the counter properties by mail? Like I said though, the next sale is in May, and i plan to attend, whether i can buy or not, i can see what’s there, and research locations, i live in a fairly small town in WI, a town that is surrounded by a lot of land, but all the land for sale over the counter is in the ghetto, right next to some tracks. There is one house for 15,000, but i don’t have that kind of money. Anyhow, thank you for your resp0nse. Also, have you had success in this business???

Re: John Beck - Posted by Rose

Posted by Rose on March 29, 2002 at 19:53:37:

Seems like I have missed some other posts here. Are you talking about Tax Sales? I have been studying about these and even got some listings like Arizona - Maricopa county and Texas-Harris county.

Best advise I received by reading some articles on these is to stay away from lands if you are a beginner. Stick with residential homes.

I am curious to find out if any one know any best courses/classes on these. The ones I looked at including John Becks not all information that I need is not there.

Rose

Re: John Beck - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on March 23, 2002 at 16:07:15:

S. T. --(WI)-------------

Don’t limit yourself to one county. Check out all the counties within say 1 hr driving time from your house. Work the counties with the best looking deals in that year. Next year it may be a different county. Treat it like a business–set up your purchasing stand where there is good value to be gotten.

Good InvestingRon Starr*