John Beck's Course - Posted by Jon Cross

Posted by Vern on September 17, 2003 at 23:08:37:

I disagree I bought the coaching and got a coach named Mel Feller. He has written a book on real estate innovations in buying and finacing it is very creative to say the least. He shipped it to me free of charge and has been coaching me off and on now for over a year and I only bought 10 sessions. He buys tax liens in 3 states in Utah Wyoming and Texas. He lives in Texas and has taught me strategies to buy property and yes even tax liens before the auction. He helps you to see all the exit strategies so you know what to do to unload the home… in fact he can show you ways to take it from the investor who may have purchased it at the auction. all the other investor gets is the penality fee and I got the property!

John Beck’s Course - Posted by Jon Cross

Posted by Jon Cross on September 09, 2003 at 10:51:32:

Does anyone know if this course is worth the money? I’ve purchased a few books lately on the subject of tax sales which ended up being of little or no value. If anyone can help me out I’d greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Jon

Re: John Beck’s Course - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on October 01, 2003 at 16:48:32:

I purchased Free and Clear. After the first book I can find tax sales in some areas. There are 3 books (1 is just web sites) and 3 CD books and 1 active CD Rom. There is a lot of stuff for the money. I have some rentals, but auctions are new to me. The information is very informative. It was worth it to me and I have not even used it to buy yet. A bad book cost $19.95, this should keep me reading for a few months.

Re: John Beck’s Course - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on September 18, 2003 at 16:52:39:

You might want to check out the posting on John Beck’s course on www.cashflows.org Its about 3/4 of the way down the Guru comments section.

Re: John Beck’s Course - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on September 09, 2003 at 13:05:22:

Jon Cross----------------

Yes, I second Curtis’ comments. I’ve got a couple of those duds also. But I’ve gotten both the early and current edition of Beck’s materials.

I’ve been buying rent houses in OK from the tax resales. Have 11 now. I got about 80 vacant lots last June in OK. Have sold four of them on the internet now and made very good profits on all four of them. Can hardly wait to get all 80 sold.

Good InvestingRon Starr**

Re: John Beck’s Course - Posted by Curtis

Posted by Curtis on September 09, 2003 at 12:59:36:

John Beck’s course is very informative for the money invested. It comes with a cd rom that contains all the information for all 50 states, including Canada, Guam etc. If you do purchase they will try to get you to sign up for coaching…don’t do that, most of the coaches do not even invest in tax sales themselves. If you need more info or help send me an email and maybe I can help. Good Luck Curtis

Re: John Beck’s Course - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 09, 2003 at 13:35:54:

Ron,

I remember you making that trip. Glad to here it was a success for you.

Regards,

RichV(FL)