John, can I do this on your spreadsheet???? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 31, 2000 at 24:50:20:

Without some numbers and examples I’m lost. I understand formulas and what I need to do to accomplish what when using excell, but I have to play with it to get excel to do what I want. I’ve only been using excell for the last few years and have just recently gianed some serious “AHA” experiences with it, because I’ve been putting all my business’s on spreadsheets and analyzing alot of business’s that whay lately.

David Alexander

John, can I do this on your spreadsheet??? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 20, 2000 at 16:46:26:

How do I enter the cashflows to figure yield on this with your spreadsheet.

I’m selling a Note with a balance 57447.09 Pmts… 554.95 Interest 11.125%, 348 months left

I’m selling it with them paying me 1000/month until it is paid off, and I’m discounting it to 56k.

What will their yield be and how do I enter it into the spreadsheet.

David

Re: John, can I do this on your spreadsheet??? - Posted by mr yousef

Posted by mr yousef on March 29, 2000 at 02:13:13:

hello

i’m using excel 97 and having some problems, would you be able to help me?

if so could u send me some instructions regrading how i could prepare a cashflow from ‘scratch’.

could you please reply me today

thanks

Yousef

Re: John, can I do this on your spreadsheet??? - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 29, 2000 at 10:07:16:

Give more info, with the numbers and maaybe I can help.

Post at top of the board, or email me.

David Alexander

Re: John, can I do this on your spreadsheet??? - Posted by Mr Yousef

Posted by Mr Yousef on March 30, 2000 at 01:55:23:

dear David

thank you for your message which i recieved a few minutes ago. regarding the cashflow spreadsheet, i don’t have a problem with the numbers i am using excel version 7.0 and am having trouble not with the numbers but with some of the fuction which i will list below:

how to show a gross percentage with formulas for different sales, eg if there were three sales how do we show this on a cashflow.

how do we account for varing dates when you do recieve your cashflow

when you purchase something how do you put this on a spreadsheet if you pay at a later date

how you link different worksheets ?

we would have to put things like price per unit, unit sold etc ie things that vary separately and then link then to the spreadsheet, would we put them on top of the same page or seperate pages?

i would be grateful it you could possibly reply to me today about the above question, also could you bare in mind that these questions above must be using the excel fuctions so when sales fluctuate they could change, when interest rates change then the wtotals should change.

i hope to hear from you soon

thank you, appreciated

Mr Yousef