(John ?Cash? Locke) anyone recomend his course - Posted by ScottB

Posted by Investor-Rama on July 28, 2003 at 09:31:35:

I would say you get what you pay for.

His manual isnt sophisticated, it isnt in great depth, it is on a cheap format (looks like he made it from home), but in my view you get what you pay for.

He isnt charging a ton, but he is there to answer your calls if you need help.

I bot it, it was a good primer, but one thing I would avoid is a seminar. It is way too Mickey Mouse, slow, hourly smoke breaks etc. Not a ton of meat for the price.

Do your research online, see what you can find in articles and commentary, but at 150 it isnt robbery…

(John ?Cash? Locke) anyone recomend his course - Posted by ScottB

Posted by ScottB on July 28, 2003 at 06:36:45:

(John ?Cash? Locke) anyone use and recommned his course?

Re: (John ?Cash? Locke) anyone recomend his course - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on July 30, 2003 at 13:13:38:

There was lots of discussion on the course a few weeks ago. I don’t have it, but I have never read anything unhelpful or unusable that he’s posted here, and he’s one of the folks that I click on every time I see the name.

One of my valuation yardsticks that I use to justify things that I want is Pizzas. When all of my kids are home, and I order two 18" pizzas with everything, two six-packs of soda, and add in the delivery charge and a tip, it adds up to almost $60. If I hadn’t been through a subject-to transaction, I’d be asking myself if a step-by-step walk through a subject-to deal that will give me insight into the process is worth two-and-a-half rounds of pizza. I’ll bet it is.

Re: (John ?Cash? Locke) anyone recomend his course - Posted by Shawn J. Dostie

Posted by Shawn J. Dostie on July 28, 2003 at 20:03:07:

I own it and like it a lot. Investor-Rama said it is on a cheap format. I agree, but I don’t care about packaging. It is not sophisticated, and doesn’t need to be. I believe in the KISS (Keep it simple stupid) methodology. Too many times, people look for the golden nugget that is going to make them a millionaire. Although it is not rocket science, it is work and not something everyone is cut out to do. There is no single phrase nor single type of situation that is going to be tailored to a specific closing technique 100% of the time. For investors, or aspiring investors, there is little information out there that spells out, step by step, how to walk through a prospective deal. This manual is the closest I’ve found to address that. It tells you how to dress, how to approach, how to greet, what to say, what not to say, how to address objections, how to maintain control and professionalism, how to close, how to write up the deal, and who to contact for proper documentation. His personal contact and willingness to assist is VERY impessive. It is not the only course you’ll ever need, but it is one of the best for a beginner with no cash, credit and a dream, that I have ever come across. Especially for $160.00

Good Luck,
Shawn(OH)