JOHN T. REED - The Grinch That Stole Christmas! - Posted by Mr. Jason Channing, Nashville

Posted by Ron Wagner on June 14, 1999 at 02:42:00:

Please excuse my ignorance, but I read Reed’s page about Sheets. Is what he says about Sheets’ credentials and books (the stuff about copyrights and outdated materials) true?

I could care less about his (Reed’s) personal success. I am simply trying to find the truth about Sheets. He offered some comments about Sheets that I haven’t seen refuted yet - or maybe I just need to be directed to the right place!?!

JOHN T. REED - The Grinch That Stole Christmas! - Posted by Mr. Jason Channing, Nashville

Posted by Mr. Jason Channing, Nashville on June 08, 1999 at 11:31:45:

I see a lot of posts about John T. Reed on this board.

I’m sure all of us would like to find good and dependable information from knowledgable investors whose advice is grounded in PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.

If you visit www.johntreed.com/abouttheauthor.html you will find that he brags that, unlike other so-called “experts”, he posts all properties he has ever purchased since his very first one in 1969, and he lists them----

All ten of them.

Since 1969???

That’s one every three years!

That’s experience?!? That makes him an “expert”???

Probably also includes his “owner occupieds” where he and his family have lived.

There are people who post ideas on this and the main CREOnline board that were “newbies” LAST YEAR that have closed more deals than that!

Some of you will close more than that, following advice you find on this site, from Sheets, from LeGrand (two genuine experts whom Reed slams), from the other REAL “experts” who share their knowledge with us on these message boards and whose courses JP has available to you, and from mentors in your local RE clubs, between now and Christmas!

We must all be careful who we listen to.

Reed is obviously an articulate antagonist, but I think you will find that whatever he has to say that IS worthwhile, the truely experienced investors who share their experience on this site will also be glad to tell you.

And it will taste like honey, not like vinegar!

We are all curious about what might be out there on the web that could add to what we have already learned, and that includes old-time investigative reporters like me.

I have searched and clicked and scanned my way thru hundreds, maybe thousands of real estate URL’s, and there are some interesting ones out there, for sure, but so far,—

all roads lead back to CREOnline.

Remember: it matters who you hang with!

Mr. Jason Channing,
Nashville, Tennessee

JOHN REED - Told you Santa isnt real! - Posted by DanReed

Posted by DanReed on July 07, 2003 at 23:37:15:

I would rather have vinegar than poisoned honey. As for his “lack of experience” Reed has shown it evident that experience does not always make you the expert in a subject. For example, having never coached pro or college football, or even being the head coach of a high school team, he still managed to write “Football Clock Management,” a book recommended by Marv Levy and Brian Billick (and others). Reed was a speaker at a football conference at which Bill Walsh also spoke. I think most football enthusiasts would value their opinions, and they value Reed’s despite his lack of experience.

Re: JOHN T. REED - The Grinch That Stole Christmas! - Posted by Jeff Neville

Posted by Jeff Neville on June 10, 1999 at 08:01:25:

I’ve been to Reed’s site and would say in his defense that he seems to be trying to keep the “gurus” on their toes. I’ve studied Sheets and don’t have anything negative to say about him - If I have’nt done deals its on ME - not on HIM… It looks to me like Reed has pretty good credentials in the industry and just because he has’nt done 1500 deals does that mean that all that he says is b.s? Don’t think so. I guess what I’m saying is there can be differences of opinion and we can still glean good information from nearly all the “experts”. Thanks for listening. Jeff

Re: JOHN T. REED - The Grinch That Stole Christmas! - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on June 09, 1999 at 15:32:20:

Perhaps I misread his page but at the moment it seems that he has only one property. In fairness he has owned some big buildings (but who cares). This industry as I understand it is not about getting it and loosing it. Full marks to him for trying but a real worry that he teaches.

Mark