JT-IN - Posted by Gib

Posted by Linda Simms on July 20, 2003 at 10:08:26:

Your comments about Belize City are correct. However, most people who are going for a vacation go to the islands off shore, Albergris Key, I believe is a very good example and a very nice vacation spot, with beautiful views, reasonable prices and some of the best sailing, snorkling and diving in the world, as the world famous French diver has aclaimed in the so called “Black Hole” offshore. There are vacation R.E. deals avaliable also. One of my favorite places and believe me I have seen many.

JT-IN - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on July 18, 2003 at 21:18:17:

Hi JT, did you make it to Destin? If so, how did everything go?

Gib

Re: JT-IN - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on July 18, 2003 at 21:38:53:

Gib:

Last minute changes to our friends plans caused us to rethink out itinerary. We ended up on the East Coast, in Palm Beach, and also cruised to Cozumel and Belize. Not at all like our original plan… We will do Destin maybe yet this fall.

Thanks for the help. I have the data saved for the next time we venture that direction. I will look you up before we arrive. Thanks again.

JT

Re: JT-IN - Posted by Gib

Posted by Gib on July 18, 2003 at 21:41:55:

Sounds like you had a great time. Is Belize as awesome as I think it is?

Gib

Nope… very 3rd world-like - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on July 18, 2003 at 21:54:01:

When you want to see some poor people, go to Belize… It makes you feel guilty for being such an indulgent American, having so many things at our fingertips, I thought… as we drove down the streets of Belize City… Poor, poor and more Poor folks. Safety is also an issue, as the Robin Hood mentality is in play.

Many pretty natural sites, as they are blessed with great weather and beautiful diving. It is a destination that I could skip next time, as I didn’;t really enjoy being there. Gib, Sorry to taint your illusion with this reality…

JT-IN