Judgment in 1st position - Posted by JH

Posted by Rich-CA on August 02, 2007 at 21:17:08:

Increase your offer. They are pretty certain that in a foreclosure they will get EVERYTHING they are owed. if the really needed the $$$, they would have tried foreclosing themselves, so they are not motivated to discount for $$$ now.

Judgment in 1st position - Posted by JH

Posted by JH on August 02, 2007 at 20:22:45:

A property going into foreclosure in my area has a judgment in 1st position. I’ve talked to the judgment and they said they wouldn’t assign their position (they actually have 3 judgments and I offered to buy all 3). Anyone have any great ways to make get them to budge?

Re: Judgment in 1st position - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on August 03, 2007 at 03:52:44:

Motivation… we are all motivated by greed, fear, anger, and a host of other emotions. All you need to do is figure out what their trigger happens to be.

Knowing “how the judgment came about”, should help you to determine the judgment creditors motivation. Maybe they are simply motivated by wanting to own the property themselves…

Most judgment creditors simply want the money they are owed, but this one could be different. What you have to determine is how can you help them get what they want, while it helps you get what you want… This may or may not be achievable… but knowing why and how the judg came about would be helpful here. What do you know about the history of the judgment…? That is your assignment here.

JT-IN