July 19-23 Paper Bootcamp - Park City, Utah - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 28, 1999 at 12:13:43:

Call anytime - except 3 in the morning.

July 19-23 Paper Bootcamp - Park City, Utah - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 26, 1999 at 17:24:53:

The dates and times of the bootcamp are as follows:

DATES: 9am - 5pm Monday through Friday July 19-23rd

Park City is just a few minutes out of Salt Lake City. It’s good weather that time of year and much cooler than SLC. The views, sites, restaurants, shops, etc. are wonderful. You may run across a few stars also. Deer Valley is a bit of a Hollywood hangout.

Studio, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom condos are available, but fill up fast as that week is a state Holiday. Plan your stay to include the Holiday on Saturday the 24th for fireworks, activities, parades, parties, etc. Many of the units look out over Main Street for the parade.

The 1 bedroom units are $80 per night and very comfortably sleep 2-3. All have kitchens and living rooms.

Call my office direct for more details. (801) 374-6683

Re: July 19-23 Paper Bootcamp - Park City, Utah - Posted by Paul Carlin

Posted by Paul Carlin on June 08, 1999 at 18:08:49:

John your phone number does not work

Location = Prospector Square - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on April 23, 1999 at 11:34:07:

The location of the conference was changed to the Inn at Prospector Square.

Re: July 19-23 Paper Bootcamp - Park City, Utah - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on March 27, 1999 at 08:03:05:

John,

Would it be advisable to bring our spouses? My wife did not attend the convention with me and regretted doing so. However, I don’t imagine that spouses will be driving around with us in the motorhome. Could somone keep themselves occupied for 5 days in the area without going stir-crazy?

On another note, I have a potential conflict and may not be able to attend, you had mentioned at the convention that we could choose this bootcamp or another. Is this going to be a once-a-year event? (am I going to have to wait until next year if I miss this one?)

Thanks for all that you do!

Your greatfull student,

Dan Matejsek

Sounds Great, Can’t Wait - Posted by Jack (Ky)

Posted by Jack (Ky) on March 26, 1999 at 19:30:48:

If I call Sat. (tomorrow) for details, will anyone be there, or should I wait until Monday?

Jack Stivers

Re: July 19-23 Paper Bootcamp - Park City, Utah - Posted by Chester

Posted by Chester on June 08, 1999 at 19:50:01:

He loaned it to the Utah Jazz scouts for next year.

Next bootcamp - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 28, 1999 at 12:26:00:

It depends on demand. I plan on the bootcamp at least once a quarter, but if there is the demand, I will do it as often as once a month.

I won’t do more than that. Back in the 80’s I could do two in a month. The last time I did two in a row was in 1993 and I ended up in Cardiac Emergency, so I pace myself now.

I love teaching, but marketing is a pain in the neck, so we’ll just schedule them as people have an interest.

Plenty to do - in a classroom - not motorhome - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on March 28, 1999 at 12:12:08:

Sometimes with small groups we have done the motorhome thing. It’s good for an advanced, hands on experience, but doesn’t provide the base of knowledge that the classroom does.

This session is solely in the classroom. It’s at Park City because there are 600,000 things to do. There are more restaurants and shops per capita than most anywhere. There is sightseeing, horseback riding, boating, waterskiing, hiking, and nostalgia.

Park City is a mining town that still has a taste of the old west. There are still some working mines and tunnels and even tours of the old mines. Night activities will be numerous. If there are spouses or friends that are coming that will not be attending the daytime classes, let us know and we will arrange a variety of activities and options.

I don’t think anyone could get bored in Park City unless they accidently locked themselves in the coat closet for the week.

Motorhome?? - Posted by Jack (KY)

Posted by Jack (KY) on March 27, 1999 at 12:37:22:

Dan,

What do you mean by “…driving around with us in the motorhome?”

My wife will be with me, as we intend to make this a two-week trip. It sounds like there will be things for spouses to do in Park City.

Jack Stivers

oops, forgot the :slight_smile: in the above post. - Posted by Jack (ky)

Posted by Jack (ky) on March 27, 1999 at 05:18:14:

In my rush to show my somewhat tongue-in-cheek enthusiasm, I forgot to smile :-p.

Jack

What! No fun in the motorhome? - Posted by Michael Murray

Posted by Michael Murray on March 28, 1999 at 12:34:20:

I thought that’s why they called it PARK City. LOL