Junkers vs. Cosmetic Repairs Formula - Posted by Troy W. (NC)

Re: Sweet & Innocent - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 23, 2001 at 14:01:07:

I’ll be interested in Joe’s reply.

Re: Formula? Formulii? Who cares. - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 23, 2001 at 10:38:09:

Eric,

Steve Cook gave a answer based on his perception of what was asked. Joe did the same and you agreed. I took the question differently and answered Troy with what I thought he was looking for. He posed the same question over on the PACtrust site. It is amazing how different people can read the same thing and take it in different contexts.

Yes… - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 24, 2001 at 18:39:18:

Jeff,

Why would you post that on NGI when the thread and conversation is/was started on NGII? You didn’t post it there (yet; I’ve been waiting for it) and I didn’t catch it here. I’m glad you posted.

Why don’t you repost it there so others can follow and benefit from the thread. It is Mardi Gras here, and I won’t be able to get to the answer for a week or more.

HR

Re: Joe… - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on February 23, 2001 at 14:42:18:

"The problem I see all the time, though, is investors using the very formula to determine what to offer. The “maximum allowable offer,” in reality, simply becomes “the offer.”

Joe "

I don’t see where he stated that it was worthless.

His statement can be viewed in several ways.
When the stockmarket was going crazy and rising throught the roof people said BUY BUY BUY!!!

Was that worthless advice? No… if you knew what to do with it. If you were able to get out at the right time it was great advice. If you didn’t you were probably hunting down the fool who said invest even though he may have made millions.

People say market what you do. Great advice… if you know what you are doing.

My first signs had so much stuff on them you couldn’t read them from the car. That was my fault not the people who gave me advice.

If the MAO is the maximum people tend to forget that. I know because I see people who are making offers on houses I am looking at that are WAY Up there. Why? They were talked into it.

MAO is a tool noting more. Some place to start. If you used it right it would be great. Used wrong it can be terrible.

Re: Formula? Formulii? Who cares. - Posted by Troy W. (NC)

Posted by Troy W. (NC) on February 23, 2001 at 19:14:33:

Thanks Bud for your help. I guess people sometimes take things different than others. Sometimes folks just are trying to get a question that is confusing them nswer without being “SLAMMED” to the turf for asking. And yes everyone has their on way but most begginners don’t have “ANY” way and are just asking folks to help uncloud their brain

Thanks again Bud
Troy

Re: Yes… - Posted by Jeff in MKE

Posted by Jeff in MKE on February 24, 2001 at 19:10:01:

Sorry about the mix up,HR.
I’ll go back and post it on NGII
Have a great time at Mardi Gras.
I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you.
Jeff in MKE

Re: Joe… - Posted by Troy W. (NC)

Posted by Troy W. (NC) on February 23, 2001 at 19:08:09:

Thanks for all the advice. But I already know that once I get to MAO I’m gonna take 20% from that and that’s where I make an offer. But when it comes to properties that are sound and just need repairs on the inside. I was trying to get different views on how you can figure an offer. Because just taking market value minus repairs leaves neither me or possible my buyer and money to work with.

Hope this helps

Troy