Just called my First MH park on phone. - Posted by Potsie

Posted by Kevin in OKla on March 28, 2001 at 22:16:22:

Thanks for your post Lyal. Just to satisfy my curiosity, I did a search on Bigbook.com (now called ‘superpages’), and was I pleasantly surprised. There are some small parks in my area I hadn’t run across before. Kevin

Just called my First MH park on phone. - Posted by Potsie

Posted by Potsie on March 28, 2001 at 10:45:06:

Hi I just called my first MH park. The person who answered was the Mgr. I just asked a simple question which was…Are there any homes for sale in your park? He was courteous and answered I am the property manager but we have some availabe, and I would have to come drive thru the park to write down numbers. He said there were maybe 10 for sale. I thanked hin told him I would be there in a this weekend.
Thats its. I didnt know where else to go or say about it. Did I do the right thing?
I will be driving out on Sat. to see what is avail. once I find the place, its probably 35 or 40mi away.
What is my next step? What else do I need the Prop Mgr for at this stage? He invited me out to see the owners not him.

Re: Just called my First MH park on phone. - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on March 28, 2001 at 11:00:22:

Finish Deals on Wheels and it should answer most of your questions. You’re definately on the right track. Be sure to stop in the park office (you may need to go back during “office hours”) walk in with a smile on your face, shake hands and comment on the great moose head on the wall (ok maybe there’s no moose head but you know what I mean). Tell them you’re looking for a “little place for a young couple to get a start” and you might just “be the bank” for them to help them out.
The reaction you get will tell you if this is a place you can deal in.
Also there are more parks around than you realize. Go to www.bigbook.com and do a distance search and you’ll find ones that surprise you. Also the county assessor/treasurer usually will have a list of all the parks that they’ll share with you (it public domain info).
Lyal