Just Curious - Posted by Mrs SD

Posted by JohnBoy on December 20, 2000 at 24:40:34:

$4k - $5k to design a logo???

Just pay to get a cheap ad in something and have the advertiser’s art department make up a logo for you to use in the ad! Then you get the logo for FREE!

From there you just use a copy of the ad showing your logo to be put on what ever you want.

Just Curious - Posted by Mrs SD

Posted by Mrs SD on December 19, 2000 at 22:16:04:

I met a guy recently who designs logos and I inquired about his fee for this service. His price is 4-5K.

For those of you who use a logo on your company stationary and business cards, what have you typically paid?

Thanks,
Mrs SD

I wish I understood paying 4 to 5K for a logo… - Posted by Stew(Ne)

Posted by Stew(Ne) on December 21, 2000 at 19:15:39:

One of my many shortcomings I guess.

Philipines - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on December 20, 2000 at 22:28:02:

I have a few very good grapghics designers in the South seas also if you like… email me for contact info…

call your local university art/design dept. - Posted by Anne-ND

Posted by Anne-ND on December 20, 2000 at 18:12:05:

We paid $400 to have a local artist design our logo and stationary. We worked with her for weeks, it was a great experience. She added it to her portfolio, we got something special at a great price. We found her at the local university- she teaches photography and design.

Anne

Re: Just Curious - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on December 20, 2000 at 16:07:21:

I was quoted as high as $7000 to have my logo designed. I went to a small printshop that provided secretarial services and one of the employees spent 2 hours designing something for me. $35/hr was her cost. Total cost to me for my logo 99% off of the original quote that I had. Seemed like a good sale to me.

Steve

Re: Just Curious - Posted by Ircman

Posted by Ircman on December 20, 2000 at 12:15:25:

Holy cow that’s a lot. I just get on IRC and go into one of the graphics or photoshop rooms and asks someone to make me one. I usually have it done in less than 30 mins.

Re: Just Curious - Posted by mike

Posted by mike on December 20, 2000 at 10:56:35:

Go to your local High School and approach the Computer class for a logo design contest, the winner gets [ $whateveryouwannapay.00]…just an idea

Re: Just Curious - Posted by Carey_PA

Posted by Carey_PA on December 20, 2000 at 09:10:40:

Hi Mrs. SD,

Now that sounds like a little much. If you email me I’d be more than happy to give you my brother’s email address and website address. His company designs websites, logos, etc. for a reasonable price.

Good luck,

CAREY

mark to market - Posted by rrSmith

Posted by rrSmith on December 20, 2000 at 01:16:43:

It is not uncommon for hi tec start ups pay 6 figures for their logo, I can still remember that Steve Jobs used the same guy as IBM and payed that much…it is remarkable what you can do with other peoples money…