Just got a nasty call... - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on March 08, 2001 at 08:38:44:

Yes. Another letter in an envelope IS the correct formula.

This phone call did not get under my skin though.

Long time ago, I had a lady come out screaming at me in the middle of the street just after leaving at letter at the door of her house which was in the foreclosure process. lol

Good convention stories!!! or what!!!

Just got a nasty call… - Posted by Paul_MA

Posted by Paul_MA on March 07, 2001 at 17:31:34:

…from a postcard mailing.

The property appeared to be empty and overgrown. Sidewalks not shoveled, broken glass windows on front porch, chipping paint on the outside of house and grass was not cut during the summer.

I sent postcards. They have my return PO Box number, the mailing address of the current tax bill of the property, a statement asking if they wish to get rid of the house, WE BUY HOUSES, 555-555-XXXX, RE: and the subject property address.

It has worked good so far. Some real junker properties have been offered to me for free.

Now, this lady was angry because: (1) I was hounding her like all the ‘others’ (this was our first contact) (2) using a postcard revealed to the world the subject property address (3) using the 20 cent postcard was the cheap way out.

I explained to her that the subject property was on a vacant house list passed out by the city and that I seek properties to fix up. She told me to cross it off my list. So I politely thanked her while she hung up on me.

Her main complaint was that the address of the subject property was on the postcard. She said I should have sent a letter.

I’d like to hear your opinion or what you put on your postcards. Do you send letters first?

Paul_MA

Send her a Valentine… - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on March 07, 2001 at 22:03:07:

on St. Patrick’s Day. Maybe she’ll get a kick out of your quirky sense of humor…and then again, maybe she’s color blind and won’t notice at all…and then again, maybe she’s keeping her mother in the attic and doesn’t want you bothering her.

Mother: Norman! NORMAN!!
Norman: I’ll be right there mother…as soon as I take care of this nosy real estate investor.

(Can you tell I just watched “Psycho” the other night, for about the 20th time?)
Good luck!

Her address was on the postcard? - Posted by Rolfe Kurtyka

Posted by Rolfe Kurtyka on March 07, 2001 at 21:09:19:

How else are we supposed to mail something?

Re: maybe some roses and a letter (nt) - Posted by Mark (WV)

Posted by Mark (WV) on March 07, 2001 at 20:08:09:

nt

When she TRULY Wants to sell… - Posted by evelyn (FL)

Posted by evelyn (FL) on March 07, 2001 at 20:01:42:

her property, she is not going to give a hoot if it’s written on a postcard or TOILET TISSUE!!!

Anyway, because you might get a deal out of this, send this woman a nice letter.

Evelyn

I have a great idea! - Posted by Tim Jensen

Posted by Tim Jensen on March 07, 2001 at 18:25:52:

Paul,

Why don’t you give us the property address and the ladies name and mailing address.

Then everyone here can send her a postcard about her property.

:slight_smile:

Tim

Re: Just got a nasty call… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on March 07, 2001 at 18:11:16:

Hi Paul,

Seeing she wants a letter instead of a post card, I’d send your same message via a letter. Make sure in the letter you stress to her that you are granting her, her wish of receiving your message with a letter. And above all ask her if you can be of any help to her.

I think you have got this woman’s attention. You will stand out in the crowd as you send her additional mailings. But remember, letters to her not post cards.

Become a friend to her and a sounding board for her. You will eventually get the property. Good luck.

Pay her a visit in person w/ letter in hand… - Posted by Paul

Posted by Paul on March 07, 2001 at 18:06:22:

{N/T}

Re: Just got a nasty call… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on March 07, 2001 at 17:48:56:

I think you need to get a thicker skin… :slight_smile: and then send her a real nice letter in a real nice envelope, maybe when she decides to sell she’ll have kept the them and call you.

David Alexander

Re: Her address was on the postcard? - Posted by Nate

Posted by Nate on March 08, 2001 at 13:19:54:

Rolfe,

I think she was upset that the address of the property (where she does not live) was in plain view on a postcard sent to her at her home (a different address, where she does live).

Nate

LMAO; Great idea (nt) - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on March 08, 2001 at 18:53:19:

nt

LOL Tim! - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on March 07, 2001 at 21:39:32: