Just ordered. - Posted by Jesse Wolfe

Posted by Chuck on September 16, 2003 at 21:13:30:

How many house have you bought with none of your own money and the loan is in the sellers name? It seems to me that the profit is infinetly greater and the risk factor is zero.
That seems like a much better way to buy than jumping through some lenders hoops and paying 5K + to get a loan.
Maybe that works for you or maybe you should get some more education.

Just ordered. - Posted by Jesse Wolfe

Posted by Jesse Wolfe on August 30, 2003 at 08:57:47:

Hello everyone.
I was on the couch this morning and clicked on the TV to find Carlton on once again. I have seen these infomercials for years now and thought to myself that maybe now I’ll try it.
Once I got on the phone to order the $9.95 trial, I was inundated with other offers that sounded like they were intertwined in the “No Money Down” offer. Although of course they all sounded good, and I only accepted a few, but isn’t this supposed to help ME make money? If I keep these offers I will be in debt up to my eyeballs, TO CARLTON. EVERY MONTH.
Now if anyone from his company reads this, I would like to make a suggestion. Don’t overwhelm people who call in for the course. People like me call in to see if this is the correct course of action for them to make money. Get their money AFTER they have already made some. Don’t put them in debt. I felt good when I picked up the phone to order, half an hour later (now) I feel confused, worried, and taken advantage of. I am a full time student and work part time, so I am very busy. With all the offers that were shot at me after my credit card number was taken, it sounds like if I keep half of them my credit card is going to explode the second month. Will I learn anything if I have to pawn my computer and DVD player to barely make my CC payment for all the “extra” stuff? I am so overwhelmed that I may just send the stuff back without ever reviewing any of it.
In essence, just send people the course and bug them with the offers AFTER they review the material and decide to attempt the original course. After recieving the course and making that first sale, my confidence level would allow me to feel really good about investing in more.
Anyway, before the order I felt great. I finally made the decision to take the chance. Now I’m very put off. Is that good business? I guess since I’m just one person that no-one knows, who cares if I go under, right? The guy on the phone could not even tell me how much my monthly payment would be. I’m sure somewhere in the hundereds, and THAT I can not afford.
If I can not make enough in that first 30 days to prove this is the system for me, it’s all going back. On the other hand, if it works for me, I would be one of your greatest supporters
Thank you for letting me vent because I feel under pressure already.

Re: Just ordered. - Posted by roger

Posted by roger on August 30, 2003 at 23:49:23:

you have 30 days to look them over /send back what you don’t want and your worries are over/ i have 4 of his coarses and they are full of info/// now you will be called about a mentor program STAY AWAY FROM IT SAY NO TO THIS OFFER/// you will get nothing out of it except the feeling of being ripped off C>S> does not run that part of his study coarse.study here on cre, and learn a lot,GOOD LUCK

Why not call them back… - Posted by mattc

Posted by mattc on August 30, 2003 at 23:16:10:

Jesse,
Why not call them back tonight and find out
exactly what they will be charging you?
I suggest getting the Sheets course only - which
I believe is about $ 300.00 if you keep it.

Now - I have heard very good things about the course
as a fundamental overview of real estate investing. I have purchased 2 Sheets videos off Ebay, and I believe
he is a good starting point for everyone.

Be aware that many times people use marketing companies
that will try to “upsell” you with additional items when you order anything by phone - not just real estate! Always be aware of this, and only order what
you really want - declining any extra items that you did not plan to order.

I hope you do try out the course - but please give it more than 30 days. It is not a get-rich-quick way. It is a long-term business that takes time - but can benefit you over your lifetime.

I also urge you to read the main board here - and the
Carleton Sheets board also - and use the archive search feature. There are other real estate boards also. Tons of free helpful information and people. Do not be discouraged.

Wishing you success,
mattc

Re: Just ordered. - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on August 30, 2003 at 12:54:34:

Jesse Wolfe-------------------

Save your typing fingers. This website has nothing whatsoever to do with Carleton Sheets or the organizations with which he is entwined. It is simply named after him to get people to come here and talk about gurus or educators of real estate investing.

Your second mistake is that you have not been reading the postings on the main bulletinboard of this CREONLINE.COM website.

Your first mistake is that you watch TV. You’ll never make any money that way.

Good InvestingRon Starr*********

Re: Just ordered.-Just say NO! - Posted by Willie

Posted by Willie on August 30, 2003 at 09:18:16:

Never let anyone pressure you to agree to anything other than what you ordered and wanted. Especially AFTER they have your credit card number. I hope not, but you may be suprised when your Credit Card Bill arrives. If so, call the credit card company and charge them back as fraud and not ordered.

Re: Why not call them back… - Posted by Katie

Posted by Katie on August 31, 2003 at 09:48:03:

The only people getting rich off the Sheet’s infomercial is Sheets and PEI. My experience has been that you don’t (especially in today’s easy-to-get mortgage money market) need a lot of outlandish offer structures to get a good deal, just a good relationship with a lending officer or two and a few real estate agents who specialize in investment properties. And, further, if you have mismanaged your finances so badly as to have credit issues so bad you can’t get a loan, you probably aren’t wise enough to put a deal together anyway.

Re: Just ordered. Slow Down! - Posted by Linda Simms

Posted by Linda Simms on August 30, 2003 at 19:58:16:

I think that is a little harsh Ron. The man is obviously in pain as it is. Having a bad hair day? His complaints are ligitimate evidently to him. It looks like Willie’s advice is much better.