Just Placed My First AD For MH's - Posted by Robert Biddle

Posted by Bill K. - FL on January 20, 2000 at 09:17:24:

You can advertise up to 10 ads on Yahoo (www.yahoo.com)in the classifieds section under RE for sale and for rent categories free. Also Excite classifieds (www.classifieds2000.com) has no limit on number of ads. RE for sale and for rent. Also no charge. They both have categories for mobile homes. Every response I get is saved in my E-mail database so when I have a new home to sell they all get the info at once. I read where 50% of the population is on the net and it grows every day. I leave the ads in even if I don’t have one ready for sale. It just keeps my supply of buyers growing. And of course the price is right.

Just Placed My First AD For MH’s - Posted by Robert Biddle

Posted by Robert Biddle on January 19, 2000 at 15:19:56:

Cost me $97 for a week.

Bummer thing is I noticed two others running the exact same Lonnie Ad in the paper. The one that reads “We Buy Sell & Finance Used Mobile Homes. Affordable Prices & Felxible Terms No Banks.” Oh well, hopefully it’s working out well for them and theres enough for everyone.

BTW, what response have you guys received from the sample ad in “Deals On Wheels”?

Rob

Just did my first one too - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on January 20, 2000 at 09:53:05:

Wish me luck on mine too. There’s a lot of companies in my area advertising for mobile homes. I think there’s a lot of opportunity for someone operating underneath their radar (pros correct me if I’m wrong).

Was able to get my ad to the top of the heap. The first few ads start out as “0% Down” or something like that; I started with “0 Banks” in bold, then did the
“will finance etc.” underneath. Will let it run 2 weeks to start, for $94. Hopefully this will get some folks’ attention.

Good luck with yours.

Blane

Re: Just Placed My First AD For MH’s - Posted by Dan (NC)

Posted by Dan (NC) on January 19, 2000 at 20:21:38:

I advertise in the local shopper paper with the “I buy” ad in the MH’s for sale section and the Misc. for sale column. That way I get the new sellers/buyers and also those browsing the Misc. section who have given up on unloading their home or didn’t even know they wanted to sell but suddenly the light goes off and bam, they call. I don’t bother with the local newspaper anymore. Good Luck.

Re: Just Placed My First AD For MH’s - Posted by Bill K. - FL

Posted by Bill K. - FL on January 19, 2000 at 16:51:34:

I haven’t run that particular ad just one advertising the home for sale with owner financing. Got a good response. There were a couple other ads in there as well. You should all get calls. Don’t overlook the Internet sites(yahoo and excite) that’s where I got my first buyer. Cost=0.(I’m glad I didn’t listen to the guy who said trailer people aren’t on the Internet!)

Re:Internet - Posted by Robert Biddle

Posted by Robert Biddle on January 19, 2000 at 17:29:12:

Hmm, yeah, I had kind of passed on the Net thinking the same thing.

Thanks,

Rob

More info, please on internet - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on January 19, 2000 at 17:16:13:

What do you mean by excite and yahoo? Where are you listing and under what? A new twist let us in on it. smile
Thanks Bill,
Dee-Texas