Just wanted to say thanks......To everyone. - Posted by Nadine Spiker

Posted by Nadine on March 22, 2000 at 20:58:02:

I borrowed from my IRA. I have 60 days to put it back without a penality. That is plenty of time to get it put back and complete this full circle.

Just wanted to say thanks…To everyone. - Posted by Nadine Spiker

Posted by Nadine Spiker on March 22, 2000 at 10:43:23:

This is to ALL the great people who have made it possible for me to start my investment Company. I know I have an extreme amout to learn and I am grateful you are all “just a click away.” A special Thank You to Bassman and GregAL. “If I could have asked for better I would have not gotten you.” and you can quote me on that. Also a great deal of gratitude goes to J.P. for making this site and all its information accessible. It has made a very positive effect on my life. I joined CRE Online just 3 weeks ago and I close on my first deal April 1st. All because this site exists and helps everyone who is serious about doing REI. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!

Re: Just wanted to say thanks…To everyone. - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on March 22, 2000 at 17:22:26:

Congrats, Nadine.

Would you mind sharing the details of your first deal with us?

I still get chills looking at a copy of the check from my first “creative deal”. I keep in on the wall right in front of me so I see it everyday. It reminds me that I don’t need No stinkin JOB and that this “creative RE investing” does work in my area.

Again, congrats and good investing.

-JohnB_NJ

Re: ANOTHER Procrastinator - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on March 22, 2000 at 12:12:22:

Nadine-

It took you a whole three weeks to get a deal?! Obviously, I’m being facetious. That’s terrific!

Go get 'em.

Stacy

Re: Details of Deal for John - Posted by Nadine

Posted by Nadine on March 22, 2000 at 18:20:05:

John and all other “newbies”, Yes creative investing works for all as long as you learn first. My deal is just this, I went online and typed in “Creative Investing”,it was then I learned about CREOnline. I followed JP Vaughans advice and sent her an e-mail to get me started. Later that day my husband brought home the local paper. There it was,right in front of me, an ad for 2 homes,financing available. I went and looked at the properties and talked things over with my husband. I was dreaming of my deal that night. I called first thing in the morning and saw the properties that day. I was able to go online the day after that and that is when I met and chatted with GregAL. He also put me in touch with Bassman. I knew enough to at least know what they were talking about and made my offer. The seller wanted 15k for one and 23k for the other. I offered 30k for both. I did do one thing wrong though, I didn’t haggle. I accepted their counter-offer of 35k for both. 2k down and finance the balance. Both houses are assessed over 20k and I am still waiting for the new apraisal. I checked the comps on the street and one sold just last month at 43k. I sealed the deal this past Friday and we will go to settlement on or about April 3rd!!
If it wasn’t for CREOnline,GregAL and Bassman I might not have been able to do this deal because they are the people who gave me all the information I needed. I took their advice and did what they suggested and low and behold it all came together.
I will keep posting and update things as they go along. Oh, I almost forgot I had no cash and my credit isn’t all that. I wasn’t going to let that stop me!!

Re: ANOTHER Procrastinator - Posted by Nadine Spiker

Posted by Nadine Spiker on March 22, 2000 at 12:34:15:

Thank You Stacey. Yes three weeks is a long time I just wish I didn’t have to wait any longer. Also thanks for responding.

Re: Details of Deal for John - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on March 22, 2000 at 20:27:00:

Nadine,

Thank you for the quick reply.

So, from your post you intend to rent these properties?
Or is your goal to flip them?

I am also curious as to how you came up with the 2k when you refered in your post as to “I had no cash”.

Again, Nadine, congradulations on a your first deal.