Just wondering...should I go after partially burned buildings? - Posted by Debra(SC)

Posted by Steve (FL) on January 17, 2000 at 14:10:06:

Wholeheartedly. My thinking exactly. I intend on sending a letter to this homeowner this week. I would’ve done it today, but being MLK day, the Appraisers office is closed. Good luck! Keep me “posted”.

Just wondering…should I go after partially burned buildings? - Posted by Debra(SC)

Posted by Debra(SC) on January 17, 2000 at 10:51:33:

I spotted a 2 story brick home 1 1/2 months ago and today, it is still vacant, no activity of repair work going on. The house is very nice inside. Still has curtains up, etc.
The neighborhood is not bad, sort of like a historic district. I got some info from the courthouse about owners, etc. Is it worth a flip or a rehab, or am I out of my league?

Debra

Just bid on one myself - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on January 18, 2000 at 07:56:08:

there was some concern on the board a while back about not being able to really get the smoke smell out. Chris responded that “service master” specializes in this type of thing.
myself… well, i’m looking at it as just another rehab.
i have another one targeted as well. my contractor doesn’t think it will be a problem.
i was concerned about the electrical, but he says thats not a biggie either. just adds up to bigger $.
you guys keep us posted.
i will too!
peace in REI
steph in tex

Same thing here - Posted by Steve (FL)

Posted by Steve (FL) on January 17, 2000 at 11:35:05:

I found a home this weekend in a lower income section of town that had fire damage on one end. They had the window boarded up but it appeared as if there were still tenants. I suspect they had no insurance and don’t have the funds right now to fix it.

Hmmm…I’d better try and find the owner, then. - Posted by Debra(SC)

Posted by Debra(SC) on January 17, 2000 at 11:43:55:

He may still be living in there??? This is a 2-story home. If he didn’t have insurance to fix it, then he might be begging someone to take it off his hands. Do ya think?