Kansas City Rentals - Posted by Steve

Posted by Rich-CA on December 31, 2007 at 23:09:43:

Missouri side or Kansas side?

Just curious as I have started looking at the Kansas side and was warned that the Missouri side is not a very good place unless you focus on lower end properties.

Kansas City Rentals - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on December 31, 2007 at 16:11:26:

Happy New Year all! I am looking at some singles and doubles in the Kansas City area (buy and hold) - No rehab needed. After running numbers the cash flow seems to be outstanding. I am curious if any others have invested in Kansas City, and can share some thoughts. Thanks

Re: Kansas City Rentals - Posted by james(CA)

Posted by james(CA) on November 29, 2008 at 15:46:17:

Just wondering any update on KC? I have been apartment for sale listing from RE agent I met here in CA. Cap rate looks good for buy&hold.

Re: Kansas City Rentals - Posted by James Harris

Posted by James Harris on January 01, 2008 at 12:12:28:

Investing in KC MO. I believe that section 8 rentals may very well be the best. I know there have been some that can write a book on horror stories of section 8. But, I can also write a book, as well as other fols could, write horror stories oabout tenants not on section 8. Also, Most may already know that there are programs available for those on section 8 to buy their homes. This works better in large cities as small towns “say” they don’t have the man power to operate the program.

Re: Kansas City Rentals - Posted by Eric in FL

Posted by Eric in FL on January 01, 2008 at 07:13:36:

I would be curious in seeing what you find out. I have heard from several local investors here in Florida that they are doing very well in KC. That always scares me when I hear out of investor’s mouths that they are all starting to focus on one place. You know how Economics works and it seems to mirror the “You need to jump on this internet stock”, I heard 7 - 8 years ago.

Best Regards,
Eric