Keep checking with your cities and towns! - Posted by Pat

Posted by Jack on April 28, 2006 at 23:56:51:

lmao!

Keep checking with your cities and towns! - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on April 25, 2006 at 22:12:11:

I just got home from our monthly landlords’ association meeting. One of the featured speakers was a representative of the city’s Community Development office. She informed us that they had a program for investors to purchase and rehab properties in their target areas at low interest rates (4%). After the work is done, the city buys it back at market value and arranges a lease purchase with a low income buyer. I’m sure this is not the only place where this type of program is offered and I urge everyone to check with their local C.D. office as these programs are not widely advertised.

Re: Keep checking with your cities and towns! - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on April 25, 2006 at 22:30:16:

Maybe you should reserve praise until after you have done at least one of these deals.

More than likely you will find that the requirements (licensed contractors required, paperwork, inspections, etc…) make this less than attractive.

Re: Keep checking with your cities and towns! - Posted by wes

Posted by wes on April 25, 2006 at 22:22:37:

What city do you live in?

Re: Keep checking with your cities and towns! - Posted by wes

Posted by wes on April 25, 2006 at 22:22:31:

What city do you live in?

Re: Keep checking with your cities and towns! - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on April 26, 2006 at 19:35:44:

I’ve already done a couple of deals. On my first one I netted 24K, and the second netted 37K. I wouldn’t suggest a strategy that I haven’t used successfully.

Re: Keep checking with your cities and towns! - Posted by Skip

Posted by Skip on April 26, 2006 at 22:09:16:

You completed a couple of deals on your way home from the meeting? You are great!