Kick in the ass :-) - Posted by Jason Marinoff

Posted by plan on May 02, 2006 at 14:12:37:

No insult intended but you sound a bit like the hare in the old fable about the tortoise and the hare.

imho you first need to read a lot, identify and learn about the main real estate investing methods, and get to know the basics. And continue reading…the field of real estate is vast and you don’t learn it overnight. Once you’ve grounded yourself in the basics, then you need to write up a realistic game plan (and follow it) for your situation that will get you from where you are personally to where you want to go. A ship without a rudder will just float around aimlessly.

You might consider finding a book or course beginning with what is called wholesaling/assignment of contracts as you need very little money, no credit, no qualifying income; there’s little risk to you, and it’s a great way to make some instant cash plus begin learning about your local market which is critical for any type of deal you do. It usually takes some time to get going. You might have to get yourself a job in the meantime to support yourself. Take real estate investing step by step, don’t expect instant gratification, don’t give up, and you will attain your goals.

Kick in the ass :slight_smile: - Posted by Jason Marinoff

Posted by Jason Marinoff on May 01, 2006 at 16:57:00:

Hey all,

Here is my story: I have been extremmly interested in starting a real estate investment company - involving buying properties and renting, doing some flipping, and buying lots for resale.

I have done research on economic factors which indicate the best areas of investment, I have read books on investing, and was ABOUT ready to buy my first property in december of 05.

Well, I decided to take a commision career on wall st which hindered my income and ability to spend time on RE investing.

I have left wall st and now am at a near 0 income. My questions are 1) How to I jump Back in? 2) Is it possible to use private investor money to obtain and lease homes 3) Can i advertise a home to rent, before I obtain it - to find interest in renting and 4) The properties that would gain the greatest investment value are located in states nowhere near mine- how do I buy those properties?

Please help!!