Kirby sales techniques - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on October 26, 1998 at 13:09:08:

Sounds like a pretty good idea. I was trying to write down all the things that I was taught and came up with a pretty extensive list. I certainly don’t think I can claim to be an expert, but I see many things that appear obvious to me because of that training that other people seem to miss. I’ll work on a list to submit to J.P. In the mean time, I think I will check out the chat room, out of curiosity, and see if I can contribute. I’ve learned so much from everyone’s posts here that I’m sure I’ll pick up some more information there, too.

Kirby sales techniques - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on October 26, 1998 at 05:36:15:

Two people so far have asked me about teaching the sales techniques that I had learned while selling Kirby sweepers. I would be happy to contribute something back to the people who have helped me get started in the real estate investing business. What I would like to know is what is a convenient time for me to stop by the chat room and talk with you guys? As Sandy posted earlier, the sales techniques taught by Kirby are first-rate seeing how you were trying to sell someone a $1,800 vacuum cleaner! (By the way Sandy, we were selling it for $1,599, so I guess I had it easier than your friend!) Any way, in the short amount of time that I was working for them, I attended a couple of sales seminars given by them, as well as daily morning sales classes. This has helped me tremendously conducting any type of business that involves dealing with a sales person, as well as selling anything myself. One of the times that I used the techniques learned was when buying a used car at a lot that advertised their “no dicker best pricing”. When I wanted the car I was planning to purchase at $2,000 less than their “best price”, the sales person implied that I might have a problem reading their huge sign on the big glass window stating that their cars were already priced at their best price. The funny thing is that despite my illiteracy, I got the car at $2,000 below what they were asking.
As I posted earlier, I have not run into a sales technique that I didn’t learn while I was selling those vacuum cleaners. I am not selling a course or anything else to the people on this board or web site, and would be happy to share what I have learned. Please let me know what time you guys who want to learn this stuff are in the chat room.

Speaking of sales techniques… - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on October 27, 1998 at 10:01:12:

you might want to check out your local library for anything written by Tom Hopkins.

OK, OK…so he concentrates on real estate agents. What difference does that make? Technique…is technique. It’s fair to say, isn’t it, that the more we learn about working with PEOPLE the more successful we will be?

If you are doing L/O or Lonnie deals there is a process called getting the buyer happily involved in owning what you want him to invest in from you, isn’t that true?

And doesn’t one of Hopkins techniques make itself apparent in all my questions?

So which should you do…buy the books and tapes from a bookstore, or get the knowledge from the library at a great price? (That was another of his techniques, wasn’t it?)

Aren’t we having fun using them?

I can’t stop, can I?

Soapymac

Chatroom - Sales - Robert Kiyosaki - Posted by HankTX

Posted by HankTX on October 26, 1998 at 18:08:14:

The best time to come to the chatroom or the time
when there is the most people is usually after
9pm CST any day of the week. I think saturday
is busier than most though.

Robert Kiyosaki has also put a big emphasis
on learning sales techniques. I think he
went to work for Xerox to learn how to
perfect his sales techniques and overcome
his shyness. Anybody ever work for
Xerox or an MLM in here? Please share
more sales techniques. Thank ya kindly.

-HankTX(LB)

Kirby sales techniques…in print - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on October 26, 1998 at 12:54:37:

Matt,

I’ll make a suggestion to you.

1. TYPE UP those techniques as an ASCII document. You may want to break it up into three or four “sessions” so people can get the most benefit from your knowledge.

2. SUBMIT those articles to JP. Ask her if she was willing to let you post them on the board for everyone to read.

3. ONCE YOU GET HER PERMISSION, post them at a rate of one per week. (Keep us coming back for more!)

This is the process I used to secure JP’s permission to impart knowledge from someone she did not know. Bear in mind that this is a creative board…and knowledge such as you have…and are willing to share…would really give you a warm fuzzy feeling.

It did for me, anyway.

Cordially,

Soapymac

Re: Kirby sales techniques - Posted by CLange

Posted by CLange on October 26, 1998 at 10:50:59:

I would sure like to know when you are going to be in the chat room on this subject, so please post your projected time,
Thanks,
Claude

Thanks - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on October 27, 1998 at 18:25:17:

Thanks, I enjoyed that. An excellent way to make a point - isn’t it?

Ditto on the Tom Hopkins suggestion. He is one of the best and the techniques are valuable anywhere. Zig Zigglar’s books and courses are a high recommendation too. Start with “See you at the Top.”