Kiyosaki tapes worth it??? - Posted by Pete

Posted by TMac on March 14, 2000 at 03:20:49:

I actually sent these tapes back to the supplier, as I didn’t think they were worth it. They were badly edited, hard to hear in parts, and Robert repeated himself so often it drove me to distraction. I very much like Robert’s ideas, though. I thought the tape sets that came with the games Cashflow 101 and 202 were far more interesting. I highly recommend John Burley’s tape set “Winning the Money Game”. He’s very concise and specific about the “how-to” of money management and investing, and he speaks really well.

Kiyosaki tapes worth it??? - Posted by Pete

Posted by Pete on February 05, 2000 at 11:52:35:

Has anybody bought Kiyosaki’s tapes? (Author of “The cashflow quadrant” and “Rich dad, poor dad.”) He has a tape series I am interested in titled “The secrets of professional investors” which also features John Burley, who is a real estate “expert” according to Kiyosaki. If so, did you learn enough to get started and justify the cost or just get vague basics which lead to more tapes/seminars? His books have some valid points, but seems to make you feel stupid and guilty for having a safe, secure job. Is this just a motivational tactic to buy his tapes, or is it the real deal?

Re: Kiyosaki tapes worth it??? - Posted by Ken

Posted by Ken on February 08, 2000 at 21:00:36:

First of all, I don’t think that Robert in anyway means to make anyone feel stupid for “thinking” that they MAY have a “Safe and Secure” JOB. If you feel that you do – God bless you. But, I am sure that there are MILLIONS of people over the last 25 years that have lost jobs that they thought were “safe and secure” and especially after working for 25 yrs or more.

Understand that the whole crux of his story in his book is just that–that if one believes that a safe and secure job will guarantee success and wealth, that they are wrong, and that there are other alternatives–e.g. self-employment.

If you are a Real Estate investor now–stick with it IN ADDITION to your job–don’t quit your job yet, but read his book again (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) and try to understand the points he is trying to get across.

God bless you and successful investing to you!!!

Re: Kiyosaki tapes worth it??? - Posted by AL

Posted by AL on February 06, 2000 at 11:15:47:

i DO HAVE THE TAPES YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT THEY DO NOT GET INTO THE “HOW” IN INVESTING ron legrande boot camp and calton sheets are more focused on the hows of real estate,LEGRANDES focus is more on not being a landlord,were as caltons program is more towards buy and hold. hope this helps

which tapes? - Posted by RR Smith

Posted by RR Smith on February 06, 2000 at 09:40:04:

Time Warner Audio Books; ISBN: 1570429596 the audio book of Rich Dad Poor Dad? This is not a very good site for saying that you have a safe secure (good?)job. My dad had two safe secure jobs and CONGRESS cut his retirement. The GI bill was safe and secure until congress limited it to ten years for (millions?) of vets. You seem like you are starting to get the message anyway…