Kollege, Kiyosaki and karp (long.ugh.) - Posted by karp

Whoa Hippychick, way to sound OLD! - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on March 15, 1999 at 14:04:09:

HA!

Dang! You always bust on me and my feeble attempt will only work on those who have never seen you. wow!

How 'bout you buy my infomercial course-

“How to Relate to Your Kids by Being Less Responsible than They Ever WIll Be”…lol

Seriously though, lets say your message to your son takes 3 years to sink in. HE will still start 2 years before I did. I know you and have no doubts you will get through to him. If not, call me. I would be happy to have him whacked…
lol

Thanks,

karp

Excellent Point - Posted by JHyre in Ohio

Posted by JHyre in Ohio on March 16, 1999 at 06:56:41:

Carol,

Right on the money.

I spent 4 years getting accounting/finance degrees. I showed up to roughly 1 in 10 classes and know plenty about drinking and dating. I’m certainly not any less well off than those who actually showed up for Undergrad.

Law school was less pleasant- the subject matter was neat, but I didn’t like the people and they made me show up for class 50% of the time (the SWINE!). I also incurred student debt for Law School and delayed making money.

BUT my schooling is producing cash flow for investment so that I can eventually attain independence. My schooling is now paying for my education. Besides, with a law degree, I can can scare the bejesus out of little kids.

Point is- I didn’t learn alot in school, but it was fun and employers actually pay more for that sheepskin…assuming one did not major in something thoroughly (as opposed to partially) useless. Just one step in the journey/another brick in the wall.

John Hyre

Re: Kollege, Kiyosaki and karp (long.ugh.) - Posted by DFlipper

Posted by DFlipper on March 16, 1999 at 24:30:12:

Lets not forget about learning socialization skills in college. Karp has 4 degrees, does that tell you anything?

Amen, brother! (NT) - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on March 15, 1999 at 22:04:31:

nt

And isn’t it ironic… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 16, 1999 at 17:48:47:

…that the average brand new text book today costs $50-100 and Rich Dad Poor Dad is about $15 from Amazon.com.

Revenge!~ - Posted by karp

Posted by karp on March 16, 1999 at 17:20:19:

Hey this is too funny I had to tell you.
When I went to FSU, once a year they would have a LIBRARY book sale. Well the library would stack their budgets etc, and would end up with 25 copies of different textbooks.

One year I went and lo and behold saw a crate of books that were the exact same edition as the one I had just bought 6 weeks earlier for a class! Price 25 cents each.
I started shaking…I bought them all and asked the lady to hold them for me. She was noncommital so I had a friend wait by the books while I got a car to go load them into.

I picked up 57 or so books at that sale and was able to sell them back throughout the semester for half price usually about 25-30 bucks.

Later, I got a hold of a copy machine and you know the NEW edition of a text book only has to be changed by 250 words? Well I made money that way too.

See, I didn’t just use my head by writing papers for people for money! I carried lots of heavy books! I agree with that EMPLOYEE who likes hard, decent work.
Carrying those books was rough!

karp

Kid trade… - Posted by Carol FL

Posted by Carol FL on March 15, 1999 at 14:43:02:

Wait, I’ve got it!!
Since kids never listen to their own parents, we’ll set up a kid swap. They’ll think the ‘other parents’ are sooo cool they may actually listen, and come back with 'great new ideas"!

Heck, I’ve got a few empty cages Dennis and i can put kids in … feed them thru the bars, and do a pavlov on them when they respond positively to the proper teachings…

Call it ‘boot camp’.

Carol