L/O QUESTION! - Posted by Josh MA

Posted by Jim on February 19, 2001 at 12:48:29:

Josh.

Sure you can do it!

No one knows the answer to what will happen until one tries it!

Since you don’t have anything else going at the moment, what do you have to lose? “NOTHING”

If it didn’t work out… Don’t sound like a BIG loss to me!

Go for it!

Best of luck to you.

Jim

L/O QUESTION! - Posted by Josh MA

Posted by Josh MA on February 19, 2001 at 12:30:41:

Could i go Up to General Landlords of Rental Properties And ask them if they would Rent To Own a Property?..Has Any others done this while waiting for your phone to ring with Motivated Sellers for Other Deals?..I’m just tryin to think of things to do that will keep me Busy and Maybe make a Lil Profit on the side while My Marketing is Up and Going…Anybody had Success with something like this?

Re: L/O QUESTION! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on February 19, 2001 at 17:44:44:

Josh,
This surely would not hurt you at all, as was said by others.
The key will be the followup, in my opinion.
Make these people remember you, and they may call you when ready to sell.
You may also consider getting Kaisers course on L/O’s.
It has some great ideas that will refine the types of landlords you are looking for. (ie: Tired landlords)
So, without giving away Joe’s course material, I’ll just tell you that the ideas in it have gotten me some good deals since buying it.
Well worth the money.
Good luck to you,
Jim IL

Re: L/O QUESTION! - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on February 19, 2001 at 14:20:54:

Makes sense to me. In fact I do that on occasion. In my market area I know all of the guys that have rental property. And I call them once in a while to see if they want to sell. Usually they do not want to sell, but with a program where you contact them at least once a year when they do decide to sell they will probably remember you and contact you. It’s called the "pest play " and it does work.