L/O questions. - Posted by Fred K.

Posted by Marcos on June 30, 2003 at 13:39:02:

As far as I know there are no extenuating circumstances for Lease/Options in MS. Feel free to read the archives, do a search on Lease/Option. You’ll get an idea of how they work, and why. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask on here.

HTH,

Marcos

L/O questions. - Posted by Fred K.

Posted by Fred K. on June 30, 2003 at 13:09:21:

Iâ??m trying to help out my sister inlaw. They live in South Haven Mississippi but husband has recently been transferred to Atlanta. Last year they bough a house that theyâ??ve put up for sale. It looks like they may be losing some money on the sale as they overpaid and the market is soft.

They did get a call from someone who was interested in doing a lease option. Of course I was called for guidance, but sadly I know nothing of lease option techniques in Mississippi.

Could someone please post details about the ins and outs of LOâ??s in MS?

Thanks!

Re: L/O questions. - Posted by david

Posted by david on June 30, 2003 at 17:39:08:

very good advice from Marcos. I dont believe Miss has any real impediments to doing a lease purchase sale. It is one of the best ways to get a property to move quickly and into the hands of a buyer. It has some caveats to make it work best, and it has a downside for longterm use. But you owe it to yourself and your SIL to check it out.
peace,
David