La county (hopefully 1st so.cal deal) please help - Posted by Umbe

Posted by Brad Crouch on July 22, 2003 at 21:05:23:

Umbe,

Congratulations on still being alive!

Go to the tax assessors office and look up the property by address. There are satellite tax assessors offices in several parts of Los Angeles, so a trip to the “main office” won’t be necessary.

The tax assessors web site shows where the satellite offices are.

Good luck,

Brad

La county (hopefully 1st so.cal deal) please help - Posted by Umbe

Posted by Umbe on July 22, 2003 at 13:37:36:

Well,

Decided to jump right in and stop procrastinating. I’m a former realtor from flushing, ny. moved to southern cali last year to become a writer. Got into a bad car accident last week on all days my 30th birthday. im lucky to be alive. decided I was given a gift to live. On to the details.

I found a nice junker in an awesome neighborhood (burbank) went to LA county assessor website to get some property info and some nice comps too. I’m stuck, since I’m still new to Cali, how do I go about finding out the owner’s info in la county? the assessor site didnt give owner info. any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: La county - Posted by AN - San Diego

Posted by AN - San Diego on July 22, 2003 at 21:54:04:

I use www.titleadvantage.com to get information here in San Diego. They might have L.A. County, too.

Here’s what you do: … - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 22, 2003 at 21:11:46:

Umbe–(CA)--------------

Nice to talk to you. I hope you will watch the drivers carefully. There are a lot of them in Southern CA.

In CA, the title insurance companies give lots of good service. Just call the “customer service” person at any of the title companies and ask for a property profile sheet. They will fax it to you. Maybe even e-mail these days. That is just starting.

Good InvestingRon Starr***