LAND CONTRACT DEFAULT.....HELP ME - Posted by troy molitor

Posted by troy molitor on March 10, 2006 at 08:23:52:

yes, I have one of the largest firms in the chicago area retained for the case…however I was hoping someone out there had some thoughts on the matter from experiences they had been in…

LAND CONTRACT DEFAULT…HELP ME - Posted by troy molitor

Posted by troy molitor on March 09, 2006 at 13:53:14:

About two years ago, I was approached by the company I worked for…they stated that they were going to close the office location I worked from. They offered to assist me in opening my own company if I purchased the building and its office equiptment from them. I signed the land contract but it was not notarized nor did they provide a completed copy to me from their side. Three months later I got into a disagreement with the holder of the land contract…in his angered state he called me and said i had to be out in less than a week…that he had not signed the land contract and considered it non existent. This all happened prior to the first of the upcoming month, all payments had been made up until that point. 15 days after kicking me out, he sent me a default notice and cancellation of the contract. Here we are a year later and he just had me served with a law suit for over 100k. Anyone have any thoughts? where can I go to find out details about land contracts in Illinois and what is required for them to be legit…and what my rights are in this situation…

Pretty obvious you need lawyer NOWnt - Posted by Jack

Posted by Jack on March 09, 2006 at 20:54:04:

b