Land/Home Deals - Posted by Tony-VA/NC

Posted by SandraS(NC) on September 15, 2004 at 18:50:42:

Wish I could be there. Maybe I’ll read the book…again.
Good luck you guys!

SandraS(NC)

Land/Home Deals - Posted by Tony-VA/NC

Posted by Tony-VA/NC on September 10, 2004 at 12:31:22:

It is often written here that if you attend a workshop, seminar, convention etc. and take away only one idea you can use, it will more than pay for the cost of that trip.

Time and time again I have attended workshops and seminars and watched as people have literally jumped when the heard something that told them how to do a deal they were struggling with or how to better a deal they were working on. One guy quite literally yelled, “I know how to do that deal now,” and ran out of the workshop to the payphone to call his wife to implement the new idea.

3 weeks from today we will be immersed in a workshop that does nothing but teach people how to make money with mobile homes, land/home packages, mobile home paper and mobile home parks.

For those of us here that are into or are looking to get into land/home deals, please bring those deals to the workshop. There are many, many ways to make money with land/home deals. Let’s sit and kick around the ideas that might help others make money on their land/home deals. There will be several land/home investors there who can help tweak your deals and give examples how they have made money by different means in land/home packages.

Not only will you get new ideas but you will also receive suggestions that are specific to your deal. One new idea will likely more than pay for the workshop and travel. From then on, that idea and others will keep making you money so long as you use them.

You might find an idea that does not fit your deal or approach now but find out that in the future a different technique solves a seller’s problem and makes you money. This deal might otherwise have escaped your grasp.

One last thought. If you don’t go and don’t learn or don’t choose to discuss your deal, then one mistake will likely cost you far more than the workshop.

Invest in yourself and bring your deals to the workshop. The same good folks that post here (and more) will be sitting face to face with you. They help here and they can help even more when you have time to sit down and talk.

Hope to see you there,

Tony

One new idea pays for the workshop - Posted by Karl (Oh)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on September 15, 2004 at 22:42:31:

Tony,

I’ve told you this story before, but I’ll share it for the group.

At a past convention, Joe Ponce and I sat down the first day for breakfast in the restaurant at the hotel. We’re both MH investors, and decided to skip the first speaker so we could talk about mobile home deals. In the middle of one of my stories, Joe stops me to say that he just picked up an idea that paid for his trip to the convention.

Not long after we sat down, Dee from Texas joined us, another MH investor, and told us about a couple deals she was doing. Joe again stopped the discussion to announce that he heard another terrific idea that paid for the weekend. Joe decided to get out his notebook to start keeping track of every idea he picked up that was worth the cost of the convention. Not just every idea that was good, but the ones that he really felt would actually put more money into his pocket than he spent to be there that weekend.

As Joe and I sat at that table clear through lunch and into the early afternoon, friends and investors joined us and discussed deals. I don’t know what anyone learned from the speakers at the seminar that day, because we were busy having our own mobile home workshop in the middle of the restaurant.

By the end of the convention, I believe Joe said that his list was up to fifteen.

I haven’t talked to Joe in quite awhile, but I hear that he’s doing very well. Something about buying his own island?

Karl Kleiner