Land Trusts vs. EHT's = Apples & Oranges - Posted by John Dockter

Posted by Anthony on April 07, 2011 at 14:44:17:

John,

I said I’m sure it can be done a different way, everything can be accomplished in a different way, maybe better, maybe worse. I said MAYBE cheaper, the point of the post was to explore these issues.

Frankly, I didn’t think you would response in a constructive way, but I thought I would try.

Anthony

Land Trusts vs. EHT’s = Apples & Oranges - Posted by John Dockter

Posted by John Dockter on April 07, 2011 at 07:25:35:

You guys
are talking about land trusts. I agree that land trusts by themselves do not provide the necessary asset protection.

When we talk about an EHT, a land trust is only one part of the system. In BG’s own words: "…the Equity Holding Transfer System� (EHT), we have integrated the common law land trust model with a triple-net lease agreement, an assignment of beneficiary interest, a beneficiary agreement and a limited power of attorney. This combination of forms
allows for a clear and safe transfer of ownership benefits from one party to another without a title transfer or the standard risk of seller-assisted financing arrangements.

The EHT very conveniently allows for the facilitation of all of the fee-simple ownership benefits of virtually any “creative financing” method, including the desired end-results and objectives of: the lease option,
the lease purchase, the equity-share, the wrap-around mortgage (AITD or AIM), the contract-for-deed (i.e., the land sale contract), or any other subject-to seller carry arrangements.

The system can also accommodate safe, fast and simple
condominiumization of multi-unit buildings, fast and simple time-shares, fast and simple seller-carry bridge loans, the simplest partnering arrangements, full asset protection, etc."

The folks on this forum are talking about the limits of a land trust, correctly, but when combined the way BG does it, it’s much more. Now hopefully we can agree as to their comparative value and benefits. A land trust is NOT an EHT.

Re: Land Trusts vs. EHT’s = Apples & Oranges - Posted by AmotoXracer

Posted by AmotoXracer on April 07, 2011 at 12:34:06:

Sounds like advertising to me…

Re: Land Trusts vs. EHT’s = Apples & Oranges - Posted by Anthony

Posted by Anthony on April 07, 2011 at 09:58:25:

John,

We are not necessarily talking about land trust vs eht. Whatever eht can do I’m sure can be done another way, maybe cheaper, faster and safer.

Now that your tone has come down slightly from pure cultism, how about telling use how eht is better than a multi-member LLC. Seems to me this would get you inside and outside liability protection, where eht only gives (unproven) outside liability protection.

Care to elaborate? Or am i just stupid and don’t understand and if I want the answer i should pay thousands of dollars for the system.

Re: Land Trusts vs. EHT’s = Apples & Oranges - Posted by John Dockter

Posted by John Dockter on April 07, 2011 at 14:22:19:

Not an ad, just a clarification of the incorrect assumptions made on this
forum about land trusts vs. EHT.

Re: Land Trusts vs. EHT’s = Apples & Oranges - Posted by John Dockter

Posted by John Dockter on April 07, 2011 at 14:30:02:

If you don’t understand the difference between a simple land trust, and
a land trust combined with a Triple Net Lease, a Beneficiary Agreement,
power of attorney, etc. you may have the answer right the first time. I
wouldn’t call you stupid, just unaware of how these documents work.
It’s very possible that this subject is just too complex for you.

Frankly, I have used the EHT in combination with an LLC, although that
well may be overkill.

Your antagonism is very evident with comments like you are sure the
EHT can be done another cheaper way. PROVE IT. Why should I
provide a free education to someone as negative and arrogant as
yourself? Just sayin…

Re: Land Trusts vs. EHT’s = Apples & Oranges - Posted by BTI

Posted by BTI on April 11, 2011 at 17:23:12:

They are two separate things to you because you want them to be, sort of a purist. Over the years my brother and I developed several types for specific purposes. I would not say one was this, and one was that, they were customized for a specific purpose but they were all basically land trusts, no matter what dress they were wearing.

All that mattered is that they passed legal muster and they all must have because we never got any feedback from those who asked for copies and used them, and we never had a problem ourselves. Even did many of them when it made sense in my brokerage rather then some other method when something other then a straight sale and commission was needed.

Brian