Landlording and Multiple Family Propertires - Posted by Albes Gaona

Posted by PeteH(NYC) on December 14, 1999 at 23:51:05:

Maybe a 12- or 20- or 100-family would be biting off more than a newbie oughta chew, but I think owner-occupying a duplex is a terrific way to get to learn a few things about managing property. It’s been my ticket in – and it got me through grad school a lot easier than some of my classmates’ waitressing jobs.

Landlording and Multiple Family Propertires - Posted by Albes Gaona

Posted by Albes Gaona on December 13, 1999 at 12:18:13:

Can anyone reccommend a good book on landlording and multifamily properties for a new investor?

No - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on December 14, 1999 at 10:11:27:

Sorry to be cynical but I question landlording and multi family for a new investor. Buying multifamily right is a challenge in itself. A good investor pays for someone to manage the properties. A new investor gets a part time job trying to play property manager or repair handyman. While they do that they do not have time to find more investments. If the property does not justify hiring the work done why is it purchased in the first place. Single family homes are much more liquid and are easier to manage if you must. Ask yourself what would happen to the property in a move, divorce, job transfer or disability situation.

Re: Landlording and Multiple Family Propertires - Posted by Alan-MD

Posted by Alan-MD on December 13, 1999 at 19:04:07:

Two great resources:

1. Managing Rental Properties for Maximum Profit by Greg Perry contains a wealth of helpful info on finding the best properties and tenants.

2. Every Landlord’s Legal Guide from Nolo Press will help guide you through the legal maze of landlording and comes with a disk with all the forms you’ll probably need.

Re: Landlording and Multiple Family Propertires - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on December 13, 1999 at 17:29:07:

Go to Mrlandlord.com. Jeffrey Taylor also has a monthly newsletter called Mr. Landlord. Great info for the landlord.

Re: Landlording and Multiple Family Propertires - Posted by AL

Posted by AL on December 13, 1999 at 12:47:23:

you may want to consider don becks landlording course offered on this site Ive used many and this one is the best (especially the leases!) hope this helps

Re: Landlording and Multiple Family Propertires - Posted by Mark (SDCAL

Posted by Mark (SDCAL on December 13, 1999 at 12:21:05:

Landlording by Leigh Robinson