Laptops......best? - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 13, 2001 at 07:18:43:

Thanks for the post Joe. Checking daily for your site to be back. I really learn a lot from it(AND the L/O course that I bought-it’s great). Thanks
Dee-Texas

Laptops…best? - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 10, 2001 at 20:52:52:

Hello All,
I’m wanting the best but most economical laptop.One of the main things is a good screen some that I’ve seen are fuzzy. Something that will be internet compatiable, with enough room to hold, programs for contacts, loans, etc.
I went to C-Net and just got totally confused…on batteries…etc.
Anyone know about refurbished Dells and the like?
Help?
Dee-Texas

Dee - one word . . . Titanium - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on March 12, 2001 at 22:06:33:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore

Once you go Mac, you’ll never go back.

Joe

Re: Laptops…best? - Posted by AnnNC

Posted by AnnNC on March 12, 2001 at 12:49:01:

Oh, I hope this thread continues!
Contact Dell. Their refurbished ones are in the $1800-$2100 range,Maybe as low as $1100. Not completely certain. I would do it for the support. See what the support is.
I reacently spent hours with them, having them walk me through
cleaning out temp files, and other things that I don’t know how to do, even though my warranty expired in 2000. Something about software expired, and mine was hardware problem. They got me back in business and emailed me some files on Saturday while I was online and on the phone to them.
The number I called is 1-800-624-9896 which is either the tech menu or main menu. You’d want sales.I would not go back to Computer Renaissance, unless you are an expert. There was very little price break, and the laptop I bought was 4 yrs old, and couldn’t do anything.
I think Dell will discuss each feature.
Though, once in awhile, you get someone who doesn’t know–so call back and get a different consultant.
. Hope this --I’m looking for one, too.

Re: Laptops…best? - Posted by Maitreya

Posted by Maitreya on March 11, 2001 at 21:42:24:

Dee,

Is it a laptop your biggest concern? No, I didnt think it is. Come to terms with you innerself and the answers to your questions will be revealed. Not only focus your energy, but energize your focus. Not only evaluate you character, but characterize your evaluations. A wise man sees a forest where others only see trees. Come to the light, Dee. Et tu Brute.