Late Rent - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Caroline Bronchick on February 07, 2002 at 08:33:15:

Actually, if you read the lease, it makes it late on the 2nd; the grace period runs from the 25th to the 1st. When a lease ends, it becomes an oral month-to-month, so rent would be due on the 10th for the month of Feb 10th to March 8th, unless you prorated the first payment, which makes the lease run from the 1st to the 31st of each month.

Late Rent - Posted by Terry (Houston)

Posted by Terry (Houston) on February 06, 2002 at 19:49:03:

I am using Bill’s L/O forms on a deal I have and I have a couple of questions:

1. The Lease is stated to have the payment by the 25th. If the payment is not in by the 26th should I send a 3 day notice?

2. Once a 3 day notice is given, when can I file at the courthouse for eviction? After the 3 days? Or can I do it prior?

Sorry about the basic question but this is the first time I have gone through this. I am ticked off that I missed that the lease said the 25th not the 1st and still no payment on the 6th.

One other thing, the lease was to go for a year, Feb. 9th 2001 thru Feb 9th 2002. What is due for the month of February? The whole month and then pay back the prorated amount for when they move out? It looks like they will not be out by the 9th. The dogs!!!

They will not be exercising the option and when I placed the 3 day notice it looks like there is damage to the garage door. Do I have any recourse on this?

Thanks in advance.

Terry (Houston)