Lead based paint testing - Posted by Wade (ATL)

Posted by michaela-ATL on August 28, 2003 at 13:17:20:

I just signed up an insurance policy with travellers last month. My house was built in 1910. I hope this ‘company policy’ is only foryour state or area.
I’m already worried, because someone from the insurance came by last week, unannounced, and my dog went crazy (he was abused and doesn’t like people, that carry sticks (measuring stick) and he is completely protective of me. I’m kind of expecting them to tell me to get rid of the dog or they’ll cancel my insurance. So, now with the lead based paint testing, I wonder what I’ll hear from them.

Michaela

ps: I didn’t have the lead based paint testing with any other insurance company. You may want to try state Farm or Allstate. I was with them before.

Lead based paint testing - Posted by Wade (ATL)

Posted by Wade (ATL) on August 28, 2003 at 11:06:56:

My insurance company is requiring me to test my rental house for lead based paint otherwise they will drop my policy. The house was built in 1958 and their policy is to require the testing for any houses built prior to 1960.

Can anyone recommend an insurer that will insure an older house w/o requiring the testing? Also if I have to have the testing done, what is the typical cost? Any recommendations on testing companies in the Atlanta area?

Thanks for the help!

wade

Its a problem - Posted by Ben (oh)

Posted by Ben (oh) on August 28, 2003 at 11:21:25:

who is your insurance company?

Re: Its a problem - Posted by Wade (ATL)

Posted by Wade (ATL) on August 28, 2003 at 11:34:26:

It was Travelers. My policy lapses today and they won’t underwrite the policy w/o the lead test, no exception. Told them that I would move my homeowners, auto, and umbrella insurance pllicies to another company and they said, “sorry, but it’s company policy.”

wade

wade