Lead gen software; ex: MLS software (DFW, TX) - Posted by Johnman

Posted by DJ on December 01, 1998 at 12:29:14:

Some are listed as Realtor/Multiple Listing Service.
Try your area Board of Realtors, or if you know a
R.E agent, just ask them! You may also try Realtor.com.
DJ

Lead gen software; ex: MLS software (DFW, TX) - Posted by Johnman

Posted by Johnman on November 30, 1998 at 23:18:32:

Hi DFW folks and everybody,

I’m sure that the Board of Realtors are protective of MLS software. I believe you must have a real estate license and a member of the board to have access to MLS. Is there software out there that we can use for lead generation (fixer-upper, pre-foreclosure, etc)?
Just wondering!

Johnman

Re: Lead gen software; ex: MLS software (DFW, TX) - Posted by Lisza

Posted by Lisza on December 01, 1998 at 10:24:58:

I’ve been trying to do pre-foreclosures. I don’t think there is software for the general public to find them although there is a version of the MLS on the net for the general public to search for property. To research Pre-foreclosures you can go to the court house and research the lis pendis lists, or use your local auctioneers. I use the auctioneers in my Sunday paper. At first I was looking only in the paper, but if you’d notice you may see where some of them have websites. So now I have one particular who is really good with the amount of property’s they list and how far in advanced the sale dates are, so I use them. I go on the web site and print out the list, then I make my selection from there. I think fixer-uppers at least to get a good amount of them would work out best if you had a realtor who didn’t mind pulling them. Place an ad in the paper that you buy houses and put one in saying you have houses to sell at wholesale, then you will generate your investor and fixer-uppers kind of at the same time. Most if not all do have a version of the MLS on through the internet. Just type in MLS for Texas. Something like that. It’s not as comprehensive as what the realtors get, but sometime realtors will say whether or not their property is a fixer-upper.

Gaining access to MLS - Posted by Soapymac

Posted by Soapymac on December 01, 1998 at 08:52:19:

You may want to check with an MLS board in your area. Some of them offer associate memberships which would allow you…after the propermembership fees are paid…to access the local MLS system.

Just a thought.

Soapymac

Re: Lead gen software; ex: MLS software (DFW, TX) - Posted by JOHNMAN

Posted by JOHNMAN on December 02, 1998 at 01:40:22:

Thanks for the comments everybody!!

Johnman

Re: Gaining access to MLS - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on December 01, 1998 at 09:36:27:

Forgive my ignorance, but how do I locate an MLS board in my area? Any idea if they offer this associate membership you refer to in PA?