Lead Paint - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Mark on March 04, 2001 at 23:25:36:

didn’t say disturb it if you read the post I said paint over it not scrape it or remove it and this is per the new rules along with the disclaimer !

Lead Paint - Posted by Greg NY

Posted by Greg NY on March 04, 2001 at 12:16:46:

Hello,

How do you rehabbers handle lead paint in a house? Do you do a lot of them or do you pass on these deals? I have a lot of houses with good numbers but I fear that lead paint will be a problem.

Thank you,

Greg NY

Re: Lead Paint - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on March 04, 2001 at 18:41:09:

no problem just repaint over it.If you still have doubts have your T/B sign a LBpaint disclosure form with a disclaimer stating you have no knowlege of it containg LBP and tests have not been done to verify it’s presence.

Mark

Re: Lead Paint - Posted by Bert G

Posted by Bert G on March 04, 2001 at 22:43:44:

Whoa!! Theres some new federal laws about lead paint. For example, to do any work that disturbs more than 2 sq feet in any rental house built before 1978, you need to have completed a special class. That’s not a very big area, and if you plan to do any rehab, you need to make sure that your contractor is certified. If you do any of the work yourself, you have to be certified. Its the owner’s responsibility to ake sure whoever does the work has taken the class.

I just sent in my registration last week.

Bert G in ND