Leads - Posted by Mike

Posted by John Behle on April 18, 2000 at 10:39:53:

Many of the national funding sources will buy created notes as long as there are un-related parties and the note was created in the normal transaction. The rates can be quite competitive and reasonable.

If you are finding rates that kill your deal, it may be that you just aren’t talking to the right funding sources or need to structure your paper and deals differently to achieve a higher value for your notes.

Check with some of the national sources. There are some links at my website, but many other smaller sources. If none of the national sources you talk to are interested, it may be that you can interest some of your local sources. I may be able to point you to someone if you tell me where you are located.

Another option is to work with an experienced broker or “Master Broker”. By all means not all experienced brokers are “Master Brokers”. For example, I’m not because I haven’t wanted to kiss anyone’s feet or other body parts to gain that title. Even though I looked at their list a few years ago and had trained over 20% of the master brokers. Not all master brokers are all that experienced also. Some like Michael Morrongiello are true pros.

It’s more of a concept than a title in reality, so don’t get caught up in the title, but it can be worth it for someone just getting into paper as a broker or that is using paper in their real estate investing to hook up with another broker that really knows the ins and outs of the different funding options and companies.

Leads - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on April 17, 2000 at 13:54:07:

Do you have any leads for selling (creating) notes? I would be grateful if you had anyone who does this. All I can find, the rates kill excellent deals. Must be win/win for everyone. Thanks in advance.