Learn from my mistake - Posted by Jason-DTX

Posted by Jody on November 02, 1998 at 21:17:32:

Ray,
I haden’t heard that before, but that is very true! LOL
I’ll remember it now!

Learn from my mistake - Posted by Jason-DTX

Posted by Jason-DTX on November 01, 1998 at 16:37:59:

I just lost a good deal from not getting a contract signed immediately. My wife just gave birth to our daughter so it wasn’t all my fault!
It was a 10 year old house in excellent condition. The origianl owners were going to walk away and just give it to me. They only owed 87K (20 yrs left) on it and it was worth about 110K. They had it listed and the Realtor hadn’t showed it once in 4 months. I looked at the house on Tuesday and just the wife was there. I told her if they fired the Realor I could take over the payments and make the 3 back payments. I set up an appointment to come back on Friday after they fired the Realtor and I would get the paper work signed (her husband would be there also). My wife went into labor on Thursday so I moved the appointment to Monday. Well, they fired the Realtor and over the weekend another Realtor that lived across the street asked them what was going on. He then showed the house and had a contract presented over the weekend. On Monday I had no more deal.
Now, I kn

Re: Learn from my mistake - Posted by Ray(OH)

Posted by Ray(OH) on November 02, 1998 at 06:06:35:

Jason,
Congratulations!
While I agree with Greg that you didn’t make a mistake, your point is well taken. I too have missed deals by moving too slow. As investors we need to remember the old saying “You can’t steal in slow motion”
Enjoy your new Baby Girl
Ray

Re: Learn from my mistake - Posted by greg scott

Posted by greg scott on November 02, 1998 at 24:36:32:

Jason,
I don’t think you made any mistake.
Deals come along fairly often. New daughters are very special, enjoy them. You’ll find another deal I’m sure.
Greg