lease option consultants? - Posted by Scott Az

Posted by Scott Az on March 04, 2001 at 14:45:51:

Thanks for the reply, sounds like youdefinitely put in your time to become a broker.

lease option consultants? - Posted by Scott Az

Posted by Scott Az on March 04, 2001 at 13:25:02:

Does anyone out there have experience serving fsbo’s as lease option consultants. If so please post and relate any experiences. I was thinking I could simply hook buyer and seller together. My job would be to find, qualify buyer, provide contracts, and advice. There would be no out of pocket for the seller I would simply pocket the option consideration as my fee. Like I said is there anyone out there doing this?
Scott Az

Re: Real Estate Broker - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on March 04, 2001 at 14:20:55:

Is what you are describing, at least in my state.

To bring buyer and seller together (this includes leases, consultations and advice) for a fee, is the classic definition of what a real estate broker does.

It requires a Real Estate Brokers license, and yes I do it all the time; and yes I do have that license in my state. How about you?

Re: Real Estate Broker - Posted by Scott Az

Posted by Scott Az on March 04, 2001 at 14:28:52:

Ed, Thanks for the reply.
I was wondering the about the process of obtaining a brokers licence? How much, how long, and where do I go? I realize it varies from state to state but any general info is appreciated.
Thanks
Scott Az

Re: Real Estate Broker - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on March 04, 2001 at 14:43:15:

Ask any broker in your state, I am sure they will know the law in AZ. If I was in your position I would walk into the biggest, busiest office that I could find; and ask for information. In a big office there is almost always some property that just will not move, or is priced wrong. Ask for a deal. Might work, might not. At least you will find out what is required to be licensed.

In Ohio to be licensed you must first work in association with a broker for 2 years, and get a total of 120 hours of classroom instruction. Then you can sit for the brokers exam (all day test). If you pass you are one. There is also a test (half day) involved in becoming a sales associate (in the beginning).