Lease-Option Owners Rights - Posted by Christian Beebe

Posted by timeinvestor on October 15, 2003 at 07:22:53:

Personally, I would never have a seller sign an agreement with us that doesn’t give me “right of possession”. Once that is done, the owners are tresspassing, I believe.

Lease-Option Owners Rights - Posted by Christian Beebe

Posted by Christian Beebe on October 14, 2003 at 22:14:32:

Here’s a great question. So you get an owner to agree to lease-option their home. They move out and then you get people to move in under your lease-option agreement. Then the owner decides that they have a key and don’t like what is going on there so they decide to move some things around and tell the people in there what to do.

So what rights do the owners have? Do you change the locks on the doors after you put people in the home? What do you do when you have someone coming back telling you that they left stuff in the home and need to get it out.

Thanks,

Christian “The Solutions Kid” Beebe

Violation of Landlord Tenant Law - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on October 15, 2003 at 10:09:32:

The owner of record coould be in for serious civil penalties by entering a property that they do not have possession of, ownership or not. You, or the T/B could call the police to document the unauthorized entry. You are at risk by being in the middle of such an event, so you should at the very least provide them written notice to cease and decist, and provide them a copy of the law where it stipulates the maximum penalty… That should get their attention.

JT-IN