lease option question - please help - Posted by aaron

Posted by Russ Sims on November 15, 2000 at 13:10:41:

Just some thoughts: If I get this straight, she wants to sell, but doesn’t want to sell too soon. Maybe there are tax issues she wants to defer. You might ask her if she has considered a 1031 exchange. This would allow her to roll her profits into another property without tax exposure…worth mentioning.

If you can get her to agree to sell after a certain date, say Jan 1, 2002, then the agreement can be written up so that the option can’t be exercised until after that date.Then you simply mirror the term to your T/B…Good luck!

lease option question - please help - Posted by aaron

Posted by aaron on November 15, 2000 at 08:59:21:

Hello,

I am writing about a situation I have come across for a possible lease option and am wondering if I can put a deal together. I called up a rental owner and found out that she would be interested in a long term lease and also would like to sell in the future. My intention would be to do a sandwich lease option deal. I am meeting the owner tonite at the house, which is in a really nice neighnorhood. It would be no problem to find a Tenant Buyer for this property. The problem is this: The owner knows she wants to sell, but she is not sure WHEN she wants to sell.

What can I do to put a lease option agreement together in this situation?

Thank you very much for any advice.

Aaron