Lease Options - Posted by Jo Ann Lewis

Posted by RR on February 20, 2002 at 17:37:10:

I agree with brian, this is serious bussiness and I think that you should get a good course first before you do lease options so you dont harm anyone including you, lease options aren’t like simple leases, they re not that complicated,but you need to know how(when) use memorandum, performance mortages, and assigment contracts,get a l/o course and then take to your loca RE attorney .

Lease Options - Posted by Jo Ann Lewis

Posted by Jo Ann Lewis on February 20, 2002 at 14:17:31:

I want to get started doing lease options, but I need the forms to do this. Can anyone send them to me, as I am new and I do not have any of them? I guess it would be a contract, and any forms pertaining to the subject. I was a loan originator for 2 years and I do have some real estate knowledge. Any suggestions would be helpful also. I need all of the help to get started as possible.
I have had cards made up already, and I have an e-mail address for this business all set up. I will set up a web site as soon as I get my feet wet, but I just need a shove. and some guidance.
I am not able to go out into the job market, and this at home business would be perfect for me.
Also, I would like to say that I have marteting experience, I owned my own insurance agency for 10 years.

Jo Ann

Re: Lease Options - Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI)

Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI) on February 20, 2002 at 15:49:09:

You are a self-proclaimed newbie in Lease Options and you want somebody to send you the documents required to do a deal? If you are that new, then I am assuming you wouldn’t even understand the documents someone sent you anyways. Why do you want somebody who you don’t even know to send you the “legal” documents required to do your deals? I’m not trying to get down on you but this is serious business. If you are going around town cutting deals that you don’t understand you can end up in a whirl of legal troubles. What good would it do for someone across the country to send you the documents they use if they don’t apply to your state/area?
I suggest you see a local Real Estate lawyer and spell out to him what you want to do and get the proper forms for your area.
I myself have benefited from some of the good folks on this site sharing there forms but I have NEVER just taken a form and started using it without having a lawyer check to be certain I am legal and protected!

BMP